Giulia navigation update

Started by g0nzal3s, December 27, 2019, 01:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g0nzal3s

Is there any update for the factory Nav/maps available? The system works fine, but the maps in Victoria are so so so outdated. When I spoke to the dealership a couple of months ago they've said that I have the latest maps, but I found it really hard to believe.

When I went to the Mopar website and entered my VIN, it offered an update for the Europe map was uploaded in Dec 2019, so it's quite new, but what can I do with it? Lol I don't want to drive around Germany, I want to use my QV in Melbourne and Victoria.

So any other sources available?

bazzbazz

This is of course why Alfa Romeo in Australia is a complete joke. The problem is NOT with the cars, the problem is, and always has been Alfa Romeo Australia itself! (in all forms it has been over the years)   >:( >:( >:(
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

NigelC

As of last month, there is still no update available as far as I am aware.
Current 2017 Giulia Veloce - Red
Current 1979 Alfa GTV - Ivory (Gp S racer)
Past 2007 Alfa 159 2.2 JTS Rubino Red
Past 2003 Alfa 156 2.0 JTS Red
Past 1979 Alfa GTV Red/Rust

g0nzal3s

This is simply ridiculous. I'll buy that apple carplay adapter from KAP so I can use google maps on the screen.

bonno

Found this Youtube video on How to upload latest maps for your later model Alfas.  As I do not have a car to try on, I am unable to verify if the Mopar website works and whether maps available for AUS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAbxMWSWDaY

g0nzal3s

Nah, they have updates for Europe and USA every 6 months, but just a big nothing for Down Under since early 2018 LOL.

rc211e

Hello, I'm new to this forum and although we have owned lots of Alfas our recently acquired 2018 Veloce is our first Alfa with inbuilt navigation. We love the car but the maps are years out of date and it appears there are no local updates and no interest from Alfa Australia in providing any.
I was in a budget 2014 Suzuki yesterday and it had up to date maps. It's just expected.

The maps in the 2018 Veloce (Map 991.8471) as they stand are not "fit for purpose" at best and possibly dangerous if they are giving instructions on how roads were 3 or 4 years ago.

Why don't we approach Alfa Romeo or consumer affairs as a group and insist on updates for our inbuilt mapping system?
Now
12 MiTo QV
18 Giulia Veloce
Past
09 GT selespeed
03 147 selespeed
92 164
85 33
various Lancias and Fiats

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Don't hold your breath rc211e.
When navigation is crucial, I use Waze or Google maps.
Otherwise, I use Alfa's included navigation which can make life interesting.
The problem for Australian owners of the Giulia is that there are few of us.  The market for AR here is so small, investing in updates for a few customers will never be a priority.
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

rc211e

Quote from: alfagtv100 (Biggus) on March 06, 2021, 10:18:19 PM
Don't hold your breath rc211e.
When navigation is crucial, I use Waze or Google maps.
Otherwise, I use Alfa's included navigation which can make life interesting.
The problem for Australian owners of the Giulia is that there are few of us.  The market for AR here is so small, investing in updates for a few customers will never be a priority.
I didn't hold my breath, just as well. Android Auto works ok in Giulia and integrates well except it doesn't use the full screen.
Has anybody found any better solutions?

PS The weird little Tom Tom in the centre of my Mito dash is small but up to date and works pretty well.
Now
12 MiTo QV
18 Giulia Veloce
Past
09 GT selespeed
03 147 selespeed
92 164
85 33
various Lancias and Fiats

As the day goes

Quote from: rc211e on February 21, 2021, 06:00:30 AM
Hello,

Why don't we approach Alfa Romeo or consumer affairs as a group and insist on updates for our inbuilt mapping system?

Damn good idea!

Each car sold here should have the latests map that is no more than 12 months old.

Dont know if this helps, but can you register on this site? 

https://maps.mopar.eu/en/home

Lee

I just bought a brand new Guilia and was assured that it came with free updates for the navigation system for three years.

To discover that it shipped with maps from 2018 and no updates are available was certinaly surprising.

Using a phone via CarPlay doesn't seem like an adequate solution to me: it involves an extra step to connect the phone to the car (I use Bluetooth, if I even have my phone with me in the first place) and CarPlay doesn't integrate in with the cluster display. Furthermore, iOS mapping applications that support offline maps are often subscription based. I hate subscriptions. Why should I have to pay a subscription for offline maps on my $1200 phone because my car doesn't have up-to-date maps? Craziness.

bazzbazz

Take the car back to the dealership and demand your money back citing "Product not fit for purpose!" & "False representation".  >:(
And as they KNEW the system was useless when they sold it to you, so it's also fraud.

See my comments in reply #1 above.  ::)
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

lombardi

Had a 2015 Giulietta bought new ,series1 with the updated screen nav etc ,  so useless it even struggled with ipods and iphone , very disappointing compared to my 2012 x5 , perfomance light years ahead ,  i shudder to think they are going to make electric vehicles in the future , and good luck in dealing with alfa and dealerships in oz . Once bitten twice shy.
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

Lee

Hi everyone,

Just an update that I did eventually manage to update the maps on my MY22 Giulia without the assistance of either Stellantis or my dealer - both of whom informed me Australian map updates were unavailable.

The maps exist and are available - if you know where to look. However Stellantis for whatever reason are not making this information public or easily accessible for customers in Australia.

bazzbazz

Any chance you want to tell everyone where to look?
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast