Author Topic: 147 Gta rally car  (Read 1120 times)

warsch

Re: 147 Gta rally car
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2020, 01:08:35 PM »
They are MCA.
140 lb rears and 300 lb fronts, due to the 0.75 motion ratio in the front end

Yeah, I calculated the motion ratio recently while doing my own research.

So yours are 2.5 kg rear and 5.2 kg front. About the stock rate for rear and a bit harder at the front.

I'm really keen to see it all in action. Please tell when it's possible, i.e. what race you'll be running.

MattyG

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2020, 12:04:20 PM »
This is the one to get.
Saved Jack Monckhouse’ life

http://elidefire.com.au/

Awesome build

julianB

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2020, 06:53:59 AM »
Are they the AHM throttle bodies and back plate for the air filter or did you do something different?

Looks great!
85 GTV6 Zender "Juliet"
Ex GpA 2.5 screamer, soon to be GTA..
17" Zender Milanos
RSR kit
PACE knuckle risers
Restored tan pin stripe interior with Recaros
330mm Brembo conversion underway

'68 step nose Junior "Romeo"
bare metal project

Cowie

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2020, 08:18:20 AM »
Yes the Ahm throttle bodies, which are actually built by Jenvey, the kit was commissioned by Ahm.
That makes sense Warsch, as my car is a fair bit lighter than standard, even with a 50 kg cage and sump guard. They are not inherently heavy cars, just a lot of heavy crap in them.
I have seenthe fireballs Matty, but I believe they would only be useful in very specific situations. The handhelds would be much more useful 99% of the time. It has a plumbed in system too. Jack and Dale were actually out of the car before it lit up, no system would have saved them because the roof was full of fuel and it went bang. But I don't have a turbo which helps reduce the fire risk. Not all turbocharged rally cars burn, but the vast majority that burn seem to be turbocharged ........