Alfa service mechanic - Victoria

Started by JPetrarca, December 22, 2019, 07:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPetrarca

I'm seeking recommendations on excellent service centres in Vic for my 159 V6.
Alfamen in Brooklyn have been servicing the car since I bought it and I  have been over the moon with their service honesty and cost but they will not reopen until later in 2020.
Has anyone used mobile service mechanics or used anyone in Ballarat or Warrnambool?
Thanks

kaleuclint

I have the same problem!  Matt and Andrew maintain my Ti.  I've never considered changing technicians.
2011 159ti 1750TBi

damian85

Monza motors serviced and did the timing chain/various other items on my jts and did a great job!

Maltalfisti

And what about locations out in the West End? Sunshine, or Hoppers, or thereabouts?
The only problem with the GTV6? They forgot to install the flux capacitor...

Colin Edwards

Maranello PurSang located in West Brunswick.

On the Sunshine side of Sydney Road!

One of the very good club sponsors
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

SeleMatt

As the day goes

Alfamen would normally service my 159 in July.  Anyone know how long they actually will be shut?

This year it is just an oil change.  May consider Antonio's in Thomastown.

bazzbazz

Maybe Matt or Andrew won the Lotto and are taking a VERY extended holiday/party break?  :)
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

kaleuclint

They might have unknowingly selected the perfect time to into suspended animation too!
2011 159ti 1750TBi

bazzbazz

;D ;D ;D ;D

Well as they say, timing is everything.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

105gta

I wonder if changing your trusted service provider in these times is wise? I understand people wanting to keep their logbooks up to date and On the dot, but I'm sure everyone on the planet right now will understand a few months difference in your service history. Unless you have a specific problem right now that needs attention I'd hold out and support the people that have looked after you up to this point.
If everyone jumps ship to the next guy that will take a look, then there won't be anyone of those knowledgable and trusted workshops left.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (WIP)
1985 GTV6 (WIP)

As the day goes

Point taken.  But having some certainty  would be great.

May have a long drive ahead in Q3 and want to make certain that the car is in tip top shape

kaleuclint

My Alfa has its battery disconnected and was sitting idle for months before all this.

I pay three months registration in arrears the day before having to actually re-register the car (as in RWC, new plates), and the next day VicRoads advises me that my registration has expired (again!) and I have three months to pay after which re-registration looms again.  The cycle repeats. 

Reality is that I have other things to drive.  I also have vehicles on club permit that have not moved and never needed a logbook entry.

As for servicing, my Alfa has always received an annual service rather than mileage based averaging 5000km per year.  Have to admit most years it does end up at Alfa Men more than once due to some issue or another.  When I sell it I don't expect this to be a problem, it should be self-evident.
2011 159ti 1750TBi