How to fix oil and water temp in 159

Started by Imk1ll3r, November 12, 2019, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imk1ll3r

Hello, I have a Alfa Romeo 159 2.2 jts selespeed. I change engine after last Christmas and change timing chain after one month.

Now I got a problem after I change Thermostat housing. When I driver on free highway, speed over 140 oil temp will down to 65 water temp will down to 60, leaving free highway the oil and water temp need a long time up to 110 and 90. And oil temp up to 115 water temp on 90 in too much traffic.

In the first I think is the Thermostat housing(this  thermostat housing will be working early,and same time change coolant) no good so I go a autowork change a new one(they say it's a same original).

Now I don't know how to repair the car, can you give me some ideas?

I got this car over 4 years, I buy in Sydney and I live in Adelaide.

Imk1ll3r

I change Thermostat。it's a working on 82 mod.
Now oil temp on 100 water temp on 90 when I'm not over 100km/h.
This is I three times to change Thermostat. First one working on 78. Next one on 91. And last one on 82.
Fans is working good.
But when I over 100km/h, water temp going down first, then is oil temp.

I think I got some problems on water systems.

On The sqare place (a alfa parts shop in Adelaide) you can buy a whole thermostat, but I always change a thermostat housing. I don't know is the thermostat and housing doesn't match.

Can you give me some ideas?

I'm sorry, I can't speak English fluently.

Imk1ll3r

Today check on free highway.Water hose is cold ,and Water hose don't have pressure. Next time will be change new one and check on free highway.

Imk1ll3r

By the way, some water hose screw slide wire. Use for Air release

Chef Bruz

can you let me know how this worked out?

please