Giulietta QV - Vibration in Idle and Small Jolt Between 1st & 2nd Gear

Started by jvidd, October 30, 2019, 10:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvidd

Hi All,

I have just purchased a 2014/15 Giulietta QV with 48000kms. It is in mint condition and has a full service history, it has been very well looked after and I have purchased from a reputable dealer with the normal 3 months warranty in SA.

I have just taken it home and realised that in idle (it's a TCT) you can definitely feel the engine vibration through the steering wheel and seat, not over the top but certainly noticeable. It is slightly more noticeable in park gear also (mirrors vibrate visually).

I just want to know if anyone else has this issue and if it is normal due to the engine/exhaust system on the QV being a sportier car? Or should I take it back to the dealer to be checked? I have been told it could be worn engine mounts?

Also,

My car has the TCT Transmission, and I've noticed that there is a small jolt (not rough but noticeable if paying attention) between 1st and 2nd gear which isn't noticeable between any other gears, is this normal for the TCT as it's not a traditional auto? Some have said it may need to be re-calibrated? Thanks!

Thanks in advance,

Joel.

bazzbazz

Your in the wrong car section, you should be in "940 Series (Giulietta, Mito and 4C)"

But to your problem, you have the classic symptoms of a worn Front Engine Mount. It needs replacing.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Craig_m67

Quote from: bazzbazz on October 30, 2019, 07:59:23 PM
Your in the wrong car section, you should be in "940 Series (Giulietta, Mito and 4C)"

But to your problem, you have the classic symptoms of a worn Front Engine Mount. It needs replacing.

Just to add to this.....

I spent over a year ignoring Bazz's advice, searching high and low for any other logical reason for the  rough idle, shaking mirror, harsh diff snatch(snigger) in my Giulietta QV

Changed the mount... new car
Still shits me ;)
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

bazzbazz

On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

jvidd

Quote from: Craig_m67 on October 30, 2019, 08:16:06 PM

Just to add to this.....

I spent over a year ignoring Bazz's advice, searching high and low for any other logical reason for the  rough idle, shaking mirror, harsh diff snatch(snigger) in my Giulietta QV

Changed the mount... new car
Still shits me ;)

I have got that advice, thanks for sharing! Should this be something that's replaced within the 3 months of dealer warranty normally? Thanks!

jvidd

Thanks I'll note that! And appreciate the advice.

bonno

No harm in asking the dealer regarding warranty, but if not here is a link to Arese Spares  for availability and cost.
https://www.aresespares.com.au/browse/cn1_model/alfa-giulietta/sort/name/display/list/master-cat/engine/slave-cat/engine-mounts 

jvidd

Noting that the vibration was the engine mount and the dealer replaced free of charge!