Montreal 'unreal' (literally) concept

Started by GTV6atlast, October 23, 2019, 03:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTV6atlast

bazzbazz

Looks fantastic in the black, wonder what profile those tyres are?

5 series profile?

Where my old Kidney Belt?  ;D
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

ItalCarGuy

Not my flavour. I want to see less 'homage' concepts and more new original designs that honour the design ethos of Alfa Romeo. Having a new Alfa Montreal doesn't make sense as the original was named due to its prototype debut at the 1967 Montreal World Expo.

bonno

If Alfa Romeo procrastinates in implementing the Montreal concept into reality, then more than likely it will be copied by some other manufacturer. However, having said this we have seen the Alfa Romeo GTV concept several years back and it may finally come to fruition in 2021/22, refer to the following link for story and pictures https://www.motoring.com.au/450kw-alfa-romeo-gtv-coupe-leaked-117790/ .

kaleuclint

Way too much going on here!  If you going to have the evocative 'Montreal slats' behind the door then emphasise that element and get rid of all crap on the front fender.  The front end is similarly over done; it should all be about the relationship between the NACA scoop on the bonnet and the scudetto.

Less is often more.  The original Montreal illustrates this.
2011 159ti 1750TBi

Craig_m67

(Bonno) If I follow the i'nets correctly; it's neither been commissioned, sanctioned or associated with Alfa at all?

I don't like it. 

That said, Alfa should just build some new cars, with historical nods to successful designs of the past (as noted already).

The sooner they build, release and rename the Toenail the better.  Hopefully the can make it full EV and use Tesla's marketing philosophy and just sell the fricken thing to us at Westfield, given they don't have a dealer to scratch themselves with at the moment (and f#ck things up).

Farkin!
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

poohbah

I'm not a fan either. Looks like something out of a Transformers movie.

Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

bonno

The concept Montreal is not to my taste either and yes Alfa has not sanctioned the concept in the foreseeable future. This is not the situation with the GTV and 8C which are in Alfa Product portfolio for 2022. The hybrid transplant for the GTV and 8C is in my opinion on the money for enticing the motoring purist (sound and performance) for ultimate driving pleasure over full EV such as the Tesla. Anyway I can only dream, as it is out of my price range of owning one.
Refer to the following link on Alfa Product Portfolio for 2022, story and pictures
https://www.motoring.com.au/fca-confirms-new-alfa-romeo-gtv-and-8c-112953/

poohbah

If Alfa ever actually does want to do a "retro" super car - I reckon they should take the prototype Alfasud Sprint 6C and build it for real ...

Whack in the 2.9L twin turbo V6 from the QV and blam ... liftoff!

(And just imagine how good it would be if it was built with modern technology - instead of a dozen half-pissed Napolitano in between strikes and lunchtime ...)

I dare anyone to look at that and tell me that doesn't look as good as anything in new car showrooms in the last decade.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)