Motorclassica 2019

Started by vin sharp, October 12, 2019, 08:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vin sharp

The two Modern Closed Class finalists....what are the chances????
David v Giulietta...

GTVeloce

If the interest shown by people at the Thursday morning gathering was anything to go by... nobody showed much interest in the Bentley but the Giulietta was a hit!

vin sharp

The Giulietta Ti came second in class to the Bentley, itself a fantastically well turned out car & winner of many show events, so I'm told.
The little Ti did our marque proud.

vin sharp

Congratulations also to owner Richard East with a class win with the ex-MW Motors GTA.
Also congrats to Geoff Unsworth in Cremorne  for pulling together/performing the lions share of the GTA restoration across the whole car. It was certainly a big ask in time for this years event with the help of a few down at Richard's garage. I only first started the GTA engine up & checked the gearbox/diff for which I was responsible, less than a fortnight back. Personally I didn't think Geoff was going to be able to finish it all in time!
Well done!

Colin Edwards

Hi Vin,
The Giulietta looks a treat!  Judges clearly had a bias to quantity rather than quality!!

Colin
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

massiveluvbuddy67

A beautiful car and real treat to see such a rare example in such beautiful condition at the event - I meant the car not Marie!  8)