156 Fuel Rail

Started by Blue Daimler, October 07, 2019, 01:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Daimler

Hi everyone my little 2000 156 TS 2.0 ltr is weeping petrol where the fuel inlet on the fuel rail meets the main fuel line.
Is there a repair kit I can get?
Getting a bit worried about the petrol vapour.

Citroënbender

Is it a click fitting? Pop it off if so, the o-ring may be nicked or scuffed. That's a pretty simple fix; reassemble with a wipe of petroleum jelly or similar.

Blue Daimler

Quote from: Citroënbender on October 07, 2019, 05:54:27 PM
Is it a click fitting? Pop it off if so, the o-ring may be nicked or scuffed. That's a pretty simple fix; reassemble with a wipe of petroleum jelly or similar.
Thanks for that it worked a treat Citroenbender.
It worked out I have another problem fumes coming from the back behind the rear seat. Where the pump is housed on the fuel tank.
Where the return enters the top of the housing petrol is weeping out of the fitting.
I have uploaded a pic of the clip fitting where it joins the return to the tank. I tried the same method to no avail.. Is the filling available brand new?
Thanks for the help in anticipation.

bazzbazz

Bet its not the fitting, but is seeping out of a crack in the top of the fuel pump somewhere.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

bonno

I am with bazz bazz.  Check out a previous post on a similar issue.
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17778.0

Blue Daimler

Thanks everybody. I've read the page, I'll price out a replacement while I figure what I'm going to do. I'll let you know how I went.
Thanks again.

Blue Daimler

Hi I replaced the petrol pump and no smell. Thanks people.
I can now enjoy the Qld spring weather and take a decent drive thanks again.