Sourcing interior trim pieces - 2011 MiTo

Started by bookgrub, October 02, 2019, 09:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bookgrub

I've recently purchased a 2011 MiTo Sport, and while it's in great shape generally there's a few trim pieces either missing or damaged. Small parts I could do without, but I'd rather put it all back together properly.

A couple of them I'm trying to find the proper name for, and are really optional, but I think the trickiest part to find will be what I am calling a power window switch actuator (the actual plastic lever thingy) on the drivers side. Links to a couple of photos at the bottom of the post. It still works if you hold it down at the pivot point, and from the wear marks on it you can see the previous owner has been doing that for some time.

I'm going to have a crack at a repair with some epoxy and plastic, but I'd rather buy a replacement since I rate my chances with the repair quite low.

I don't have the faintest idea who to source such a small piece from - were it the whole master switch panel I could find one of those, but just a plastic bit? No idea.

Anyone know who I can contact who might know how to lay their hands on one of these?

https://ibb.co/8mM3hgv
https://ibb.co/7v2Hkqh

bonno

Hi
Welcome aboard and may I suggest you get in contact with local club sponsors or Alfa motor recyclers in your area. Additionally, I have found e-bay is a good source of supply, just need to confirm correct Part Numbers before purchase. I doubt that you find a individual switch, but you never now that a forum member may come to the rescue here if they have a spare sitting round that they are willing to sell/part.
Hope this helps
bonno

bookgrub

Cheers bonno. All I've been able to find on eBay is a single full master switch panel, which is a little steeper in cost than I'm hoping for. I'll see how the repair effort goes first and if I experience a failure there I'll move to a backup plan.

Citroƫnbender

I suggest temporarily dismantling it first for confirmation.

Many have the same rocker button whether it's a single switch or a ganged panel, and you can rob a cheaper single switch to fix a master panel. The only problem occurs when it's not the rocker button pivot pin, but broken forked clips which secure the button pivots and are part of the switch panel proper.

I presume the air conditioning does not work.

dehne

Hi there
I just got rid of my MiTo I was wrecking but I think it went to Sunbury, if you get on gumtree look for Giulietta parts and it will show a guy in Sunbury message him he should be able to get you the MiTo stuff your after
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

bookgrub

Thanks dehne. I'll follow that up tomorrow if my repairs tonight don't work out.

Right now I'm using some two-part epoxy resin to fill the whole missing area (and then some) and I'm going to try to sand/file the extra material away once it's set up. If that works okay to get the shape it'll just be a matter of drilling the retention lug hole, prime/paint/clear and installing.

Sounds simple. May well be for someone who is not me :)

bazzbazz

If necessity is the mother of invention, then surely desperation is the father of it, for I have seen men with a necessity be very clever, yet wondered at how the desperate are driven to be downright bloody brilliant! - Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au