Spider window issue

Started by 105gta, August 19, 2019, 09:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

105gta

Has anyone had an issue where the door glass doesn't contact the window seal at the top of the door.
And back from ge paint shop like this after paint correction and touch ups.  I  have tried all adjustments as per factory manual and even replaced the seal. Same on passenger side.
Any ideas?
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (WIP)
1985 GTV6 (WIP)

bazzbazz

So basically the window just doesn't go all the way up fully, stops a few mm from closing fully?

If so try this -

Push the down button till the window is all the way down and hold for 10 seconds
Then push the up button till the window is all way up and hold for 10 seconds
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

105gta

Hi bazzbazz, no. The window goes all he way up, the auto drop a few mm is working it's the weather strip along the top of the door wraps around and goes back along the top of the door trim. As in the photo. The window seems to be in towards the cabin not applying pressure to the weather strip/seal on the outside of the door. The weather strip is new and the old one was like this too.
The gap between the window glass and the door skin is so big the weather strip can fall down!
1985 GTV6 (WIP)

bazzbazz

So when you say the old weather strip was like this too, you mean the gap was there before it went to the workshop?

All I can suggest is that the problem is not with the window adjustments but with the window guides themselves, have you tried re-positioning these, to push the glass out against the weather seal? (forgive me if you already have)
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

105gta

Yeah the gap was there in the old weather strip.
Yeah h have tried every possible adjustment even spaced out the rails to get it as good as possible. The photo shows it at its best. The rail adjustment is at the bottom so only pivots at the top mounting doesn't actually move really. Just makes the glass not fit the roof.
1985 GTV6 (WIP)

Citroƫnbender

Can the top of the door skin be bullied into a tighter fitting shape? I realise this requires the glass and beltline to come out again.