Background checking a car before buying

Started by Z.Kailis, June 26, 2019, 11:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Z.Kailis

Hi everyone, I'm just wondering how I can find out if a car I'm looking to buy is the right version I think it is. The car is a Stepnose and has all the cosmetic items that would suggest it is a GT Veloce, but I'm wondering if I can somehow certify that it was originally a GT Veloce and not a GT.

Thanks in advance
1998 GTV 3.0 V6 24V

Craig_m67

Chassis number (VIN) would help
Name/type plate also

Indeed any decent pictures of the engine bay, interior, rear arches etc..
Any info at all
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Z.Kailis

The Vin is: AR299835

I can't upload any pics because the file is too large...
1998 GTV 3.0 V6 24V

giulia_veloce

Z.Kailis

Thanks a lot for that! I really appreciate it
1998 GTV 3.0 V6 24V

Z.Kailis

Thanks guys I committed and purchased the car; such a beautie! Does anyone know how I can post pictures on here? I tried before to add some pictures I took on my phone but the file was too large.
1998 GTV 3.0 V6 24V

Citroënbender

There's "Postimages" for hosting (free with adverts, no signup or email address required) and depending on the phone's basic type, many choices of free or paid apps to manipulate pictures.  I've written about my chosen one (Image Size, iOS app, single $5 payment for no adverts) in the past, still happy with it but sniffing around for an affordable app that lets me watermark stuff.   

poohbah

Try emailing them to yourself - if your phone is like mine, it should ask you whether you want to send them in original size, or choose a smaller percentage.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)