159 2.4 engine issues

Started by Azerty, June 09, 2019, 07:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azerty

Hi, I have a 2011 159 2.4D that now stalls when stationary or at lights and has no power. However, once on the motorway, runs fine. Has anyone got any ideas?
I was going to change the fuel filter as a first step.

bazzbazz

More likely your EGR valve is stuck open, Intake Manifold complete clogged or your DPF is chronically blocked.

Get it hooked up to diagnostics to see what fuel "Required Pressure" and actual fuel "Provided Pressure" are before changing the pump.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

J159

Had similar happening with mine,  but not to the point where it was stalling. Had it checked a couple of weeks back and the Egr/manifold were clogged, goes much better low down after it was all cleaned out.

Now it looks like the thermostat has crapped itself though. Had a good 4 hour drive yesterday and the needle was sitting right near the bottom of the gauge after momentary jumps to around 80.  :-\

bazzbazz

Sound more like The Temp Sensor in the thermostat than the thermostat itself. Either that or a dodgy Temp Gauge/wiring.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Azerty

So just an update.

Mauceri Motors changed the crank angle sensor, carried out a DPF regen. Checked and cleaned my EGR valve that wasn't clogged up, but cleaned it anyway. Drove home tonight and so far drives so much better.