Alfa Romeo 164 1989 - Project Donor Car

Started by Bettoli, April 24, 2019, 09:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bettoli

Hi All,

I've just tweaked this post in case you missed it first time around.

It's time for me to let go of one of the best cars I've ever owned. My 1989 Alfa 164.
I bought it back in 1991 when I traded by Alfa 33 because I needed a bigger boot to fit all the gear that comes with a first baby.
It served honourably for the next 12 years, seeing out the birth of my second child and the various baby seats that we strapped into her.
It went into the garage in 2002 when I was offered what I though was an insult as a trade in for my Alfa 156. It only came out of the garage when I thought my 18 y.o. son would want to fix it up as his first car. My son still hasn't got a licence so you know how that went. Its been out in the weather since 2012 about the same time I bought my Giulietta QV.

Internally it needs reupholstering. Door and window seals need changing. Battery is dead. The paint is degraded. No visible rust. Shockers and exhaust need to be changed. 3.0L V6 auto is still strong.

If you or someone you know has a 164 project and wants a sacrifice car, this one is it!   I will take any reasonable offer. I'd prefer this to go to someone who appreciates Alfas, not someone that just wants to make a buck in parts.

The rego is now expired (expired on 26 April), so please email to stephenbettoli61@gmail.com if you are interested.

Cheers

Stephen