Mito QV a buy?

Started by As the day goes, April 10, 2019, 05:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

As the day goes

Hey all,

Looking at a smaller runabout.  Is the Mito any good or should I just look for a Punto stablemate?

bonno

Hi Australia
Find below links to reviews conducted on the 2 vehicles in question.  The information provides a good starting point and can be used as a comparison guide in your selection.
https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-reviews/fiat-punto-review-first-drive-12492
https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-reviews/alfa-romeo-mito-used-review-2009-2015-45994

Paul Gulliver

Personally I think the Mito would eat the Punto alive. ( 99kw vs 57 Kw) in standard form QV a lot better  . I brought my daughter a Mito Progression ( not QV) 12 months old from Sydney about 4 years ago , it hasn't missed a beat . The multi jet motors are pretty much bullet proof. At the time of purchase she was also looking at a Golf TSI. WE have had one in the family a few years earlier but it proved to be a very expensive car to own . Engine failed under warranty and dual clutch transmission was pretty troublesome and subject to several dealer recall's . Had to laugh , during that period the Golf being the worlds favoured small car was subjected to lots of horror stories about engine & transmission failures which we endured first hand . There was the little Mito TCT with no product recalls over it's life. TCT transmissions a lot simpler and no troubles Bulletproof. Like all Alfa's resale value hasn't been good . " like catching a falling knife". But for what you would spend they represent pretty good value and a little bit different with a heap of Alfa charcter.
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

bazzbazz

As far as I am aware the Mito QV was only available here in manual models, so that takes out the TCT issue.

Trust me, a small little Mito QV with 125KW Multi Air engine will have you giggling all the way through the daily traffic, and be a ball of fun up a tight twisty mountain somewhere on the weekend to boot!   ;)
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au