Main Menu

Dealership

Started by wturnbull, April 02, 2019, 06:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig_m67

'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

bazzbazz

Sure, you supply the money, I'll supply the brains.   ;D
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Citroënbender

Why not announce it as a fait accompli, and laugh as the importers have to come to the party or look like complete fools.
QuoteBarry & Craig Pty Ltd are proud to become your new, perfectly located Alfa Romeo agents in Brisbane.

We look forward to sharing our passion for the marque with you, and becoming your first choice, both for new cars and expert maintenance to your classics.

What are Sime Darby going to do? "That is incorrect!  There is no Alfa dealer in Brisbane, and no official service agent!"  8)

wturnbull

Quote from: Citroënbender on May 07, 2019, 09:13:20 PM
Why not announce it as a fait accompli, and laugh as the importers have to come to the party or look like complete fools.
QuoteBarry & Craig Pty Ltd are proud to become your new, perfectly located Alfa Romeo agents in Brisbane.

We look forward to sharing our passion for the marque with you, and becoming your first choice, both for new cars and expert maintenance to your classics.

What are Sime Darby going to do? "That is incorrect!  There is no Alfa dealer in Brisbane, and no official service agent!"  8)
Sure not a dealer as listed on the Alfa Australia site; however the Newstead shop appears the same as it was under the "official" list, with new Alfas on display and serviceing only new Alfas.

There was a small Sime Darby sign at the drive in entrance. Their site includes Alfa as one of their brands they represent but no longer mentions the Newstead shop as they did a few weeks back.
As mentioned before, they took over the dealership in September 2017.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Craig_m67

Announcing
BC Alfa Romeo - Brisbane

Let Barry and Craig remove the Lords name from your service and repairs

When you're chewing life's gristle,
Don't grumble,
Give a whistle

... We can also turn water into rusty iron

bazzbazz

You've been drinking again . . . . . haven't you?   ::)
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

mczero

Just rang a couple of Dealership numbers I had stored in my phone. The service manager's number (Brian) took me to Metricon homes.
The land line number took me to the Ferrari dealership. She said Brian no longer works for us. We are doing service for Alfa here, but not sales.
2007 Brera Spider 3.2 JTS Q4
1979 Fiat CS2 Spider
Alfa 33
1975 Fiat CC 124 Coupe
Fiat 900T
1975 Fiat CC 124 Coupe

wturnbull

Quote from: mczero on June 03, 2019, 02:22:11 PM
Just rang a couple of Dealership numbers I had stored in my phone. The service manager's number (Brian) took me to Metricon homes.
The land line number took me to the Ferrari dealership. She said Brian no longer works for us. We are doing service for Alfa here, but not sales.
So is the Newstead showroom still operating for sales?
If so, under what ownership - Sime Darby?
I think Brian had earlier worked for Euromarque in Wickham Street.

Craig_m67

BC Alfa Romeo can do all servicing using OE Alfa parts or OE manufacturer, just ask.....

wturnbull

Quote from: Craig_m67 on June 03, 2019, 04:40:57 PM
BC Alfa Romeo can do all servicing using OE Alfa parts or OE manufacturer, just ask.....
BC contact details/location please!

bazzbazz

Ahhh, That day Craig was supplying his extra set of hands to assist me in doing a timing belt on a 166 3.0 V6. Obviously he had so much fun and in celebration let the drink get to him a little too much, hence the -

Quote from: Craig_m67 on May 30, 2019, 08:22:41 PM
Announcing
BC Alfa Romeo - Brisbane

I of course don't sell Alfas but am quite happy to take care of your servicing needs.   ;)

Contact details are listed below.   8)
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

bazzbazz

Ahhh, That day Craig was supplying his extra set of hands to assist me in doing a timing belt on a 166 3.0 V6. Obviously he had so much fun and in celebration let the drink get to him a little too much, hence the -

Quote from: Craig_m67 on May 30, 2019, 08:22:41 PM
Announcing
BC Alfa Romeo - Brisbane

I of course don't sell Alfas but am quite happy to take care of your servicing needs.   ;)

Contact details are available by Googling the details listed below or just PM me.   8)

On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

wturnbull

LMM Holdings, a subsidiary of Sime Darby Motors seem still to be operating Brisbane Alfa Romeo and appear to control the distribution of other brands like BMW, Mini, Ferrari, Rolls Royce and even Volvo in Brisbane.

wturnbull

All external Alfa signage now removed from the Newstead premises with some inside, with a Giulia displayed.
Still a Syme Darby notice on the door. Premises set up now with a magnificent two-door Rolls Royce on the floor and towards the service area, Ferraris and BMW.

bazzbazz

So basically, no true Alfa Dealership in Brisbane.

So sad and embarrassing.
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast