Side Skirts for Giulietta

Started by John Ryan, March 27, 2019, 09:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Ryan

So I've managed to procure a set of second hand skirts for my Giulietta from a car yard that will need some minor repairs and I assume a respray aswell.
Looking at my G there doesn't appear to be any fitment points on the underside.

Anyone taken them off or fitted them post purchase of their vehicle care to chime in please?

Before I can fit them I'll need to have a repair to the sidesill so if anyone can recommend a panelbeater/bodyshop in Melbourne that would be really appreciated.

Citroƫnbender

Nasty gouge. May be worth going through your insurer as it will cost more than a typical excess.

John Ryan

I was afraid of that, current excess with my insurer is $1000 so looking at options

dehne

You could also look for a kit from a launch edition Giulietta that would simply cover over the damage
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

John Ryan

They are the black ones I've seen around yes?
Already have the slimmer QV ones but they were pretty cheap ($160) considering the cost of these new from dealer it may an option in the future.

Not sure the launch edition ones would completely cover the damage, frankly if they can pull most of the dent/scrape out and fill it i'd be happy lol

Craig_m67

I have a QV, so can't see the actual sill construction for the skirt (it's raining, I can't be arsed to check at the moment).  That said, the sills are usually structural and spot welded on (every Alfa I've ever owned)

Perhaps a PDR (paintless dent removal) repair might be a better option, if they can pull/push most of the dent out. As I'd imagine a standard panel beater will need to cut, weld and repaint.

It might be possible to get behind the sill where the front wing slots in behind it (the wing bolts on and off very easily, I did one a few weeks ago in less than an hour, albeit on a Kia).
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

John Ryan

I spent about an hour last night having a good look, removed the plastic inner wheel cover to see if I could get access but unfortunely not.
Hopefully a PDR can improve it to the point where the skirts can be attached and cover it up :)

dehne

The launch edition skirts will cover it all easily,
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's