moving a 156 from Bega to Brisbane

Started by cc, March 05, 2019, 04:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

The parts 156 should be arriving in Brisbane tomorrow after having a 6 months stop over in Sydney. During this time ive learnt that its verboten in the nanny state, my home state!, to tow a car privately if you cant drive it onto the trailer.
The car is coming up via custom vehicle solutions for $750 and touch wood, its gone very well. Will attach some pics later.

bazzbazz

Quote from: cc on March 05, 2019, 04:45:46 PM
During this time ive learnt that its verboten in the nanny state, my home state!, to tow a car privately if you cant drive it onto the trailer.

Where on earth did you hear this?  :o
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

poohbah

Doesn't sound possible - I'd have thought 90% of private towing is probably people who have broken down on the roadside.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Citroënbender

QuoteWhere on earth did you hear this?
Indeed.

bazzbazz

Just out of curiosity just how many projects have you got on the go atm?  ???
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Craig_m67

Perhaps....or more likely, I suspect, that the towies do not want to "move" or be responsible for a car "long distance" that can't be driven as it limits their ability to change trucks, move things around or decant the thing at the depot.

I found this to be an issue, albeit solveable with the addition of more cash a few years back

Verboten in the context of this thread could use some illudication
As could the number of projects on the go as it should be good for shitsandgiggles..
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

cc

I heard it indirectly from the driver of the truck. Nanny state!

Citroënbender

1. He was hardly going to say you didn't need his services.
2. "Nanny states" as you describe, benefit from people curbing their own behaviour out of fear. If you're going to complain about a monster, why encourage it as well?

LaStregaNera

Quote from: cc on March 05, 2019, 04:45:46 PM
During this time ive learnt that its verboten in the nanny state, my home state!, to tow a car privately if you cant drive it onto the trailer.
What a load of horseshit.
The only one I've heard (second hand, from a reliable source) is the police will have the towies tow you from the scene of an accident if you are unable to safely drive the vehicle at least 200m or something (and I imagine when you try they'll defect you for the accident damage).
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

17fitty

Friggin hope not as towing non running alfas and fiats seems to be my hobby-rustier incomplete the better.....