Sequential Shifter Info

Started by Trikes, March 08, 2017, 07:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trikes

Hi Guys. Am currently talking to The Tuners Group and they said they can build me a SS for the Dog Boxed Sud. Anybody else interested in going down that road with me? Might end up being a bit cheaper if we get more than one made.

Trikes

Well what I have to say about the Tuners Group isn't pretty but I will say Adam who rang and waffled for over an hour about how good they are yabba yabba turned out to be nothing short of a bunch of wankers. So glad I didn't part with any dosh....... Rosco the Land Speed guy could be in the land of hurt trusting these twits.....

Trikes

Renewed hope at having a Stick Sequential Shift made. The Chap here right next to my Work in Hobart is (Mouse) at Ian Weatherhead Engineering listened to my idea(s) for a Shift, looked at my Scribblings and said 'Yep that will work'. Although I didn't have an idea of how to get Reverse to work Mouse said 'a Lock Out Lever would be the go'.

But first things first is to fix the original Shift and Rollerize at all the movable Joints. If I'm not happy with the on track performance of that we will push ahead with a SSS. Headed in the right direction now and very happy to be dealing with some one who can look 'outside the box'......Pics to follow by the end of April.

Sportscar Nut

Trikes

The AHM Sequential Shift only works with their 6 Speed Box (mine is 5 speed dog) they told me.

Had a look and feel of what Mouse did to my original Shifter. SWEET!! He showed me it's not possible to to rollerize the entire Mechanism because the Factory Linkages bind in the vertical rubberized tube (now rollerized) then switches to the horizontal bit which attaches to the Selector Shaft. He made the entire Rod etc with Roller Bearing ends but couldn't use it as it binds in the vertical to horizontal area. Seems the Factory didn't quite get it spot on so they rubberized the end bit near where it goes onto the Shaft so things could flex without Binding. Anyway he made a thicker Bush and got rid of the silly split pin that falls out and replaced it with an entirely new end that bolts / clamps onto the Shaft. Mouse has put Roller Bearings in the Aluminium where there had been Bush's and a Hi-Angle Conical Swivel which before was Rubber where the Lever Swivels. Shifting, watching the Shift Mechanism it has turned out superbly and feels very accurate which is what I'm used to with my 'other' car. Pics to follow after Mouse has done another little change and then he is to make me some new Over Sized Shifter Extension Housing and Poly Engine Mounts.

Trikes

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=wXpXNuBn7A0

83 Alfasud Shift fully restored video view here. Sorry about the filming but my Missus had trouble keeping up with my finger.

Also had 70mm cut off the end of the Shift Lever. Look for the Red Housing Thane Bushes Mouse made for me toward the video end.

The Box I'm leaning on contains a Quaife Close Ratio Gear Set and a Quaife LSD. All in all I'm leaning on a few dollars.

I'll leave off having the Sequential style Shifter made. For the moment I want to see how the renewed Shift goes. But 'Mouse' agree's it's quite possible.

bonno

Trikes
Unable to open the Youtube link, requires Youtube Account.
cheers
bonno

Trikes

Settings on You Tube are set on 'Public' so you may want to try again (give it some more time) or have a look at your computer's settings.

bonno

Hi Trikes
Have checked settings and OK from my end ; ie : have google account/registered and able to enter, but unable to access your video. After going to the link provided I get a message "No Videos were Found". I then go into search functionality in YouTube copy your link and 9 results come up, of which your video is not included. If other members are experiencing this problem, please confirm or maybe I am doing something wrong. I have successfully posted several Youtube links on this forum in the past without any access problem.
cheers
bonno

Trikes

Turns out I didn't 'Publish' correctly. Sorry about that. If you want a look I can email to you but it's been a hassle to find the bit where I can 'publish', it's not playing nice........

bonno

It's OK, I was racking my brains out why I could not open the link.  It's interesting that no other members reported this difficulty in opening the link .
bonno 

michael.kuster@bluewin.ch

Dear all

not sure if it's still a topic, but I'm building a sequential shifter for an Alfasud 5 speed dog box and will use it shortly in my race car. You can find my car on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od5jIdFJhac&t=53s&index=4&list=FLP1EYFcrgcyfCzAeNB29AYQ