FS Alfa 159 2.2 JTS Ti 2009

Started by james.james99, March 02, 2019, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james.james99

For sale is my 2009 159 2.2 JTS Ti in Red with the 6 speed manual gearbox.

I bought this car three years ago now and to say that it was a headache to begin with is an understatement. We bought it at 67000km with the belief that the timing chain had stretched but unfortunately the previous owner had instead severely overheated the motor and cracked both the head and block without disclosing this. We changed the engine for a second hand motor which we then had completely rebuilt. Installed with a new clutch the cost was $7000 and this was completed at 85000km. For the past two years the car has been faultless. It revs freely and has none of the hesitation that other 2.2's I have driven have. There are no known issues with the car. For preemptive maintenance I have just changed all four window regulators, along with fixing the sunroof mechanism. Four new oxygen sensors have also been fitted and since the motor was rebuilt oil changes have occurred every 3000km. I am extremely OCD with cleanliness so the car has been washed twice weekly and last week received a $500 single stage polish from VentiSYD automotive detailing. As of writing this post I have done the oil and filter yesterday so this is very much a car that the new owner can simply drive away and enjoy. I believe that I have $12000 in receipts for this car, all of which occurred in the first year of ownership.

Currently the odometer sits at 110000km and has been my daily driver since the motor rebuild. It has been pampered and is extremely well looked after. There are the usual small rock chips on the bonnet and the underside of the front bumper is scraped but this is inevitable with the lowness of the Ti. The only modifications to the car are the aftermarket Pioneer double din head unit and the addition of a backbox delete however the car will come with the original mufflers in the boot if this is not to your taste.

I am asking $10000 for the car but I am open to negotiations. The car has 6 months rego at the time of writing this post.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mortdale/cars-vans-utes/2009-alfa-romeo-159-jts-ti-red-manual/1211651111
2009 159 JTS Ti Manual (red)
1998 Jaguar Xj8 Sport

james.james99

Bump, Price dropped to $9500. I need this gone as I no longer have room for it. All offers are welcome.
1998 Jaguar Xj8 Sport

james.james99

Bump, $9000

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk

1998 Jaguar Xj8 Sport

james.james99

Latest photo of the car

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk

1998 Jaguar Xj8 Sport