Immobiliser yellow key code, 2001 156 2.0L Sport Twin Spark.

Started by zcard, February 16, 2019, 10:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zcard

Hi everyone,

Just recently bought my first car, a 2001 156 2.0L sport twin spark. The only thing wrong with her is that the yellow key code light stays up, the previous owner knew of this issue and tried to fix it, he couldn't. Instead he bought a second blue immobiliser box (code-606 73 131), so now I have no clue of which one is the correct one for the car.

I've read that the fault could originate from a faulty two pin connector that leads into the immobiliser box (Where the cable should be reading 8 Ohms), mine reads 4.8Ohms. Is this a problem?

So far:
-I've bought a brand new battery (Didn't come with one)
-I've done an emergency start, which was successful and she sounds great.
-I've checked all the fuses, they're fine.
-I've swapped between both of my immobilisers, no result.
-I've left the key in ignition for some time to see if the error goes away (I've read that could work)

I'm not quite sure on what to do now, I've also read that reprogramming the key/s to the immobiliser should work. If so, can I do it myself, or do I have to ship off my stuff somewhere else. But I am wondering if there is a simpler fix; before I bought her, she was sitting in a garage for up to a year and a half, so maybe something simple?..

I'm looking for the cheapest route, as a 17y/o student who only works at Maccas. If anyone can help, that would be very much appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Zacariah  :)

warsch

It's usually an aerial that is located around the ignition key hole. You can replace it with a secondhand (but working one), not too hard to do yourself and part shouldn't be too expensive from wreckers.