Unusual Frog Failure

Started by Citroënbender, February 13, 2019, 03:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citroënbender

Last towed in November 2009 (when its 310K alternator brushes finally wore out 200km from home), my "trusty" 405 today broke a clutch cable clip.

Cost of parts arriving Friday, to repair - under $10.

Today is less than 30°, yesterday closer to 40°. Failure happened adjacent to a leafy side street with one of three untimed parking spaces free as I sputtered along in first (syncros are long gone), allowing me to wait safely in the shade. A large branch fell down into an empty parking space up the road, as I waited. My 3% phone charge was enough to get me back to base, and I discovered the acquaintance I'd been en route to see, was someone the tow operator also knew. Small world.

Despite the inconvenience, I'm smiling because it could have been so much worse.

Forgot to mention, a deep red '53 Aurelia GT was parked in front of me while waiting for the tow.  Lovely piece of kit.

poohbah

so, time to buy that Lotto ticket to see if your luck holds.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

alphahall

So then I did buy the lotto ticket, and now my Giulia QV is arriving next month... 

Right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Citroënbender

When they make a ute version (or bakky as they say in Perth), I'll buy lottery tickets.  :D

Can't believe I was momentarily annoyed at there being a three day wait to get a part for a thirty year old French car. Definitely lost perspective there.

poohbah

CB, this Sandgroper is unfamiliar with the term bakky. So I googled it, and the only thing I could find was a South African Hilux? In which case plenty of my neighbours would know what you mean!
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Citroënbender

It was tongue-in-cheek.  ;)

Well, after too many hours impersonating a bat (hanging upside down under the dash) the job is done; car returned to service and a spare clip in the glovebox. I think it is the first component on the assembly line, as every part of the job conformed to the stringent specifications of the Bureau de Bâtards for inaccessibility.

Craig_m67

Jesus,

If we're going to dissect frogs and BA Falcons, who wants to help me with a low oil pressure issue [at idle] on a V6 Kia ( entire lubrication circuit cleaned or OEM replaced [pump, filter, sensor, timing chains, CVVT gears, cams, CVVT solenoids, chain guides etc])

(B1)... are you thinking what I'm thinking B2
(B2).. I'm not sure B1, but I can hear somebody knocking when all's quiet
(B1).. exactly B2, perhaps there's a dribbly loose little teddy rod bearing
(B2).. fuck me B1, run away..
(B1).. oh c'mon B2, how hard ca it be...
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Citroënbender

Can't put a Busso in there to replace it?

Citroënbender