Immaculate Silver GTV6 - My new baby

Started by AgeG, October 19, 2008, 11:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgeG

G'day lads,

Well my 9 month hunt for the near perfect gtv6 has come to an end. After seeing some photos of a Silver GTV6 in Newcastle, I had a professional Inspection conducted, and once that came back all good, I jumped on the first plane yesterday to go get it. Upon arriving I was soon confronted by service history and receipts verifying the 95,000 genuine kilometres.
The car is in amazing original condition, having been stored for most of its life in a shed covered, the interior is faultless, all electricals work well, and the running gear couldnt be in better shape.

With all work been done to date documented, I know it has come from a good home.David the previous owner has spent a lot of time, and money, to ensure the car has remained this good. Cant wait for run to come up to give you guys a look.

1989 AR 33 1.7ie Red
2005 Citroen C4 Grey
1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Silver
2012 Abarth 500C EsseEsse

Thmpar

very nice thats what  mine looked like before i stripped it.
only difference is mine has sunroof.
very nice .

alfagtv58

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Scott Farquharson

Mmm....looks extremely clean - good buy.
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

AgeG

yes and has history, reciepts, tools, brochures and books that go back to day one. I wanted a red one with sunroof, but i am in no way disappointed in what i ended up with. This car is truely amazing, only a few scratches here and there, but it purrs like a kitten, and will be kept in cotton balls in the garage to ensure this beauty sees many more years in its current condition.
Even the undercarriage is like new with it being only driven on sunny days, and the previous owner washing it once a year, has ensured no nasty dirt build up. Obviously i am excited, but cant wait until the next run.
I dont plan on doing any modifications whatsoever, have someone in dandenong who is a guru with the linkages who will deal with that once and for all. I also plan on treating the underbody to kill of any signs of surface rust. ANy ideas on what best to do?
1989 AR 33 1.7ie Red
2005 Citroen C4 Grey

franck

Hi ageG, the gtv6 is a fantastic car, i actually looked at it the day before you, but, we could not agree on a purchase price, so i opted for the white one instead, hope you enjoy as much as i am enjoying mine, God i luv these GTVs!

AgeG

Ohh yes, you would agree David has cared for this car to no end. Was the white one you are referring to from SA?
1989 AR 33 1.7ie Red
2005 Citroen C4 Grey

grpa9x

That silver gtv6 is a very nice unit, i was going to look at it on the sunday after you viewed it, david was going to give me a call saturday night if the sale fell through, well i never received the call, so my hunt for a gtv continues, well done and all the best with your new purchase.
michael ;D

franck

no, the one i purchased was from syd it also was on car point, the white one in sa did not reply to my queries so..., the one i bought has 114k also log books etc and complete service history, never smashed and never painted, but has been buffed over and over, so its at the panel shop for a complete strip and spray to original cond, coupled with a set of simmons wheels, happy dash not cracked and interior not faded, gearbox still smooth enough and having had 5 transaxles over the last 20yrs the box will stay that way!

grpa9x

^^^^^^ that white car from sydney, is that the one with the dark tinted windows and sunroof, i think a guy named sam owned it.
michael

franck

yes thats the one, i recall looking at it when the originall owner was selling it poss about 10yrs ago! nothing had changed just few extra ks. and those wheels... who ever bought those wheels for that car should be tortured!!, so in the mean time 1 gtv6gp to die for sold to a guy in victoria, and a 911 also sold to a guy in victoria, this time im keeping my white gtv6!

grpa9x

yeah that car looked pretty good in the pics, i will be also looking at another white car on the weekend if it is still available, i would prefer red but.....
cheers michael :D

AgeG

well the red one in perth on carsales looks very good also, Colin the owner seems to have put a lot of time into maintaining it, i was very close to buying that one, just the distance put me off but transport would only cost $600 so it might be a worthwhile punt.
1989 AR 33 1.7ie Red
2005 Citroen C4 Grey

franck

there is another gtv6 silver one 2 owner car in carpoint under alfetta heading wants 12k only 103k states car is one of the best, worth looking at, it has black mags which look a bit too big in diameter poss 17s or 18s

grpa9x

yeah i spoke to colin in perth , car looks good but has done a lot of work. Thanks for the heads up on the silver car franck, i hadn't seen that one.
cheers michael