mini-me alfa

Started by Aussie Muscle, October 17, 2008, 11:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussie Muscle

i build models and like to build them of any cars i owned.
This one was a diecast 1/24 scale model was blue that i bought from ebay (italy). apart from repainting the body red and black and interior tan/black, i also added some of the side trim and also change something to try and update it a bit (model was 78, mine is 85). this included flattening the grille emblem and removing the top of bar indicators. i added number plates printed on photo paper. rims were wrong, but didn't have anything correct, so i just reversed them (inside out).

AGM155

That's very cool.

Do you take commissions?

Fast Eddie

Brilliant!
I've always loved dioramas but cos as many know, i cant cut, drill or draw straight, i sure as heck can't stay within the lines :D
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Sheldon McIntosh

Nice one!

It's gonna be fun putting in the mesh headrests (pantyhose!), and moving the side indicator from in front of the wheel to behind, but it will all be worth it I'm sure!

Dunno how you see what you're doing under there with the bonnet closed though, I don't see a worklight.

Aussie Muscle

thanks for the comments  :D

Quote from: AGM155 on October 17, 2008, 04:11:47 PM
Do you take commissions?
Not typically, and do you know how hard it was to find a GTV in 1/24 scale? (1:43 is too small, 1:18 is too big).

Sheldon,
I dunno if i'll bother moving the indicator. lot of work for very little gain (have to grind off the old ones and then repaint the panels (if not the whole car). as for the mesh headrests, i'd probably just borrow some from another model car. a bigger concern would be getting correct rims. i might narrow the headlights a bit (so its not so bug-eyed)

more of my models here:
http://www.angelfire.com/games4/aussiemuscle/models/index.album?i=0&s=
and here
http://aussiemuscle.totalnfs.net/models/