159 3.2 Q4 Fault Codes

Started by Smart86, January 02, 2019, 10:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smart86

Hello, I recently plugged in a portable OBDII reader into my 2006 159 3.2 to check for any codes due to my engine light flashing for about 5 seconds along with hesitation and stuttering of the vehicle. When I plugged it in and scanned for codes, NONE were found, so I decided to use MultiEcuScan, this time when I plugged in a different reader(wired) my dashboard lit up with "VDC Unavailable" and "ASR Unavailable"(Maybe I shorted something?). I then quickly took the wired reader out, turned the ignition off and back on and those errors seemed to have disappeared. I plugged the bluetooth one back in to read those codes and now I have two codes that were not originally there which are "P0500" and "U1706" Both of which are not related to ASR or VDC but are rather a Speed Sensor fault and MAP sensor fault. The MAP sensor fault makes sense as that could be what is causing the hesitation and shuddering, however the Vehicle Speed Sensor one doesn't(not to me anyway). Also the fact that they only appeared after I attempted to put the wired reader in and that I've scanned the car before without any faults whatsoever is confusing. I will look into the MAP sensor but would it be safe to assume the Vehicle Speed Sensor fault is something i can clear and forget about? Haven't driven it since, but will see how the speedo is when I do.

Cheers.

Mick A

Hi mate,

The ignition needs to be off every time you plug into the OBD port and unplug from the port. Otherwise what you described will happen and you'll need to go through all the modules and erase the codes that have been created.

Check your fuel pressure measurement vs the calculated theoretical pressure that the ECU is expecting to see.

Cheers

Mick