Hello from the Netherlands.

Started by easyrider, December 01, 2018, 10:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

easyrider

Hello, i introduce myself.

My name is Henri van den Tillaart.
I live in a small town Vught in the Netherlands and i am 45 years of age.
In 2003 i bought my first Alfa. A 156 1.8 TS with 89000 km. That car i have drivin till 2017 with 350000 km. Technical it was still running very good but the rest of the car was to rusted. I have bought in June 2017 a Alfa Giulietta 2.0 Jtdm with 65000 km. I like that car very much and i want to drive it fot many years. In 2002 i have bought an Alfa 75 1.8 IE wich has been standing outside for 6 years. I have driven the 75 till last year.
Now i am restoring the 75 from the bottum up. In search for information i found this forum and it is very uselfull for me.
I hope i can learn en maybe teach a lot on this forum.
Sorry for my bad english, i will work on it.
Greeting from the Netherlands !

bonno

Hello Henri
Welcome aboard and hopefully the forum will provide you the necessary information  currently held on the site via the "Search" functionality or for other information via raising of a new post for your Alfa 75. Uploading of photos/images is helpful and there is a how to guide on this at the following link.
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=55.0
cheers
bonno

Garibaldi

Hi Henri,

Welcome to the forum.

I think you will find most members here very helpful in regard to the information you require.

I must say that your English is quite good, if my Dutch was as good as that I would be very happy.  :)

Citroënbender

Welcome Henri,

You would be disappointed to see how many interesting 1990s European cars here are free of corrosion, yet they are recycled due to lack of enthusiasts. The sun will destroy plastic and paint but frequently the steel is fine. 

Neil Choi

Henri,

Welcome.

Stuart Thomson, a life member of AROCA Vic is in The Hague.  He is a great bloke and Alfisti.

Perhaps look him up.

Neil

easyrider

Thank you all for the welcome.

I haven't post anything yet because it takes a lot of time to read on this very useful forum.
Here is a pic of my 75,

The bottum is finished a i am starting to build it up again.
I am glad to be on this forum, thank you !

Citroënbender

I see the Greek guys apparently have a new old stock piece available for your fuel suction pipe and sender:

http://parts-alfaromeo-old-models.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=1078&sort=pd.name&order=DESC&limit=6

EUR 95, it's better than your €140 find at the other shop.  :)

easyrider

Quote from: Citroënbender on December 28, 2018, 10:00:57 AM
I see the Greek guys apparently have a new old stock piece available for your fuel suction pipe and sender:

http://parts-alfaromeo-old-models.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=1078&sort=pd.name&order=DESC&limit=6

EUR 95, it's better than your €140 find at the other shop.  :)

Thank you for your reply.
I saw it on the greek friends page to  :P
You answered in the wrong topic  ;) 8)

bonno

Hi Easyrider
The forum administrators have set up this WTB/Sell/BUY/Swap grouping, so you can only just send a message to the creator of post (NO Reply function).
Cheers
bonno 

easyrider

Quote from: bonno on December 28, 2018, 11:14:50 AM
Hi Easyrider
The forum administrators have set up this WTB/Sell/BUY/Swap grouping, so you can only just send a message to the creator of post (NO Reply function).
Cheers
bonno

Hi Bonno,

Thank you for your explanation !
Now it is clear for me.

easyrider

I wish all members and visitors a happy 2019 full off nice Alfa Romeo moments !!!!!

bonno

Happy New Year to you as well Henri. I would like to share a facebook link on a unique annual event happening here in Australia at present, known as the Summernats “Australia’s biggest horse power party”.  You are able to view videos LIVE on the Facebook page happening from the 3 to 6 Jan 2019.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/SUMMERNATS/videos/?ref=page_internal

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).