Alfa Romeo 156 Jts 2005

Started by Leer, November 26, 2018, 07:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leer

Hi everyone
Iam new here and just purchased an Alfa
I have just relaxed the battery and need to put in a code for the radio it's the Blaupunkt system
Can anyone help with this code

Details of the radio is BP NR 7643311316 and Pr NR Fiat 156053178

Citroënbender

I used to put a bit of camomile tea in the distilled water when I topped up batteries; it certainly did seem to help relax them.

For the radio code, first check it's not in any data you received upon buying the car. Next possibility is to ask an official dealer's service counter, they may be willing to provide this at no cost. If however they are mercenary opportunists of questionable parentage, try the radio code thread on AlfaOwner. It's usually near the top of active threads in the forum.

Unrelated, be aware of two specific niggles that can blight an ageing 156 JTS - ignition coil failures and fuel pump top cracks. Both readily observed and economically fixed with still-available new parts.

V AR 164

Quote from: Citroënbender on November 27, 2018, 09:41:26 AM
I used to put a bit of camomile tea in the distilled water when I topped up batteries; it certainly did seem to help relax them.

;D ;D ;D ;D

I've heard green tea works well too, but the Aussie made century ones seem to like their VB.

Soz for going off topic haha
Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti

Citroënbender

Struth, what have I started?  ;)

Here's the radio code link, if required.

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-andamp-gt/140598-need-a-radio-code-ask-here.html

"Ta!" in Bulgarian is "Blago!" if Mr Bogege can help you out. 

bonno

Hi Leer
Welcome aboard and congratulations on your recent purchase of your Alfa 156 JTS. In addition to CB comments regarding common problems, I would just like to add that they do consume engine oil and as such need to be regularly checked (NB. Use ONLY Synthetic oil grade 10w60). Be sure to check the last time the cam belt and water pump was replaced and if unable to ascertain get this attended to ASAP.
cheers
bonno