Juris Macropus, or Frugality vs Frustration

Started by Citroënbender, November 26, 2018, 03:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citroënbender

It behooves me to replace two failed wedge globes in the 147's central brake light array.

I have sufficient new Narva units to replace them all - even those which appear to be in perfect order. Based on experiences of others - which I hope to guide my choices here - should I only topically repair, or is it "smarter" to do all at once?

bazzbazz

Well as we all know, after pulling it out and just replacing two faulty units, then replacing it all, during the following week at least one of the other old bulbs will pop. But then you already knew this, so I assume you were just needing someone to remind you of such?  :-\
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Citroënbender

Nah, I don't see 147s day in, day out like you do - and haven't heard anything to the effect of whether the bulbs are highly stressed or seldom blow.

Hmm... Might just do the lot then.  :P

poohbah

You both seem to forgetting the other Alfa maxim: If it ain't broke don't touch it ...
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

bazzbazz

Oh yeah, that always works out well . . . . cambelts . . . . water pumps . . . . . V6 fuel rails  . . . .  ::)

;D ;D ;D
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

poohbah

Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Citroënbender

I'm happy to replace the lot, if anyone wants a used globe that "ran when parked" they can have it...  :)