Child restraint anchorage point in imported 916 GTV 20 JTS

Started by Andyhall, November 16, 2018, 03:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andyhall

I have just imported my 916 GTV 2.0 JTS from the UK.  Many problems getting a roadworthy certificate in ACT.  My current challenge is getting anchorage points fitted for rear child restraints.  I spoke to Kid Safe in Canberra, who directed me to Pride Auto who are an authorised fitter,  but they looked at the GTV and said it couldn't be done.  A plastic rear parcel shelf being given as the reason.  Surely there is an engineering solution to this.  Does anybody know the solution and does anybody know some body that can carry this out in Canberra / ACT.

Thanks.  I am getting desperate.   

Citroënbender

Surely someone with an Australian delivered GTV can provide an image of the anchor points? There are a few here.

I looked on eper, there is no Australia-specific bodyshell.  There are Australia specific brackets under the parcel shelf, and the shelf proper, and insert caps to cover the fixing points.

Andyhall

If any body has got a GTV with the child restraint anchorage point. I would really appreciate a picture

bazzbazz

Am I the only person seeing the irony in the need to have child restraints fitted in the back of a car that no one in their right mind are going to be fitting booster seats & baby capsules, and to then have the daily battle of trying to shoehorn said children/infants into them?  ::)

;D ;D ;D ;D
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Andyhall

Thanks for the link to the wrecking GTV.  I will go and take a look.  And yes, who would want babies in the back of one of these things.  But thats how it goes

Andyhall

Thanks to the post from Citroenbender and the link to the wrecking GTV, I spend a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon, getting the anchorage brackets off a red 1998 twinspark.  Its a fairly horrible job.  The anchorage points bolt onto the speaker cradles which then bolt onto the body with modest 8 mm bolts.  The anchorage points then protrude through the parcel shelf.  The hard part is getting the rear parcel shelf out.  You need to take out the rear seats and side panels first.  You can be fairly rough on a wreck, but I dread doing this on my precious and fragile blue style interior.  I took the parcel shelf and speaker cradles out as a unit,  but that can be avoided by unbolting the speakers.  So thanks for the advice as I now have the anchorage brackets.  I don't look forward to explaining to the vehicle inspectors that the child restraints attached the speakers!!  And if there is anybody else out there draft enough to import a UK spec GTV, bracket photos attached for reference

Citroënbender

Good work, I trust the chap looked after you on price. Hopefully smooth sailing hereafter.