Fastest cam belt change in history

Started by bazzbazz, November 01, 2018, 12:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazzbazz

Had a client ask me for a layout diagram for a 3.2 V6 accessory belt, so I sent him to this link -

http://replace-timing-belt.com/how-to-replace-timing-belt-on-alfa-romeo-156-2-5-24v-2002-2005/

Take a look at the time table giving the suggested hours to do a cambelt change, see how long it takes for YOU to stop laughing . . . . . took me about 4 minutes.   ::)

On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Rising Sun

Baz, amazing what a little bit of the ol Sildenafil pliers can achieve...

bazzbazz

Mate, Crack Cocaine wouldn't get it down to 4 hours!
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

Rising Sun

Haha, but we're not talking about crack now are we? On a serious note, SRTs are usually slim, but that takes the cake. Only problem with them is when some people question why a specific job takes so long.

Craig_m67

Quote from: bazzbazz on November 01, 2018, 09:35:25 PM
Mate, Crack Cocaine wouldn't get it down to 4 hours!

If anything it's just gonna make the job longer and harder ;)
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

105gta

Don't forget those times would be based on factory warranty times, not include water pump replacement and assume you are using all factory special tools. Now that we only see these engines in a poor state being atleast 15yrs old and usually been butchered at some point along the way. Bolts corroded etc...
when new and with proper tooling I don't think these times are that far out of reach.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (WIP)
1985 GTV6 (WIP)

bazzbazz

Ok, I am talking REAL WORLD here, with the engine IN the car, and talking individual Man Hours, not a full Bathurst Pit crew.
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

Pseudonym

It's funny because I know a guy who did a Ford Laser timing belt in less than that and he's definitely on crack.

Can timing was never right afterwards however [emoji23]

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk