Author Topic: 3.0 24 Valve V6 into my Lexus IS200  (Read 4013 times)

Ahsoka

Re: 3.0 24 Valve V6 into my Lexus IS200
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2019, 03:32:39 PM »
A small update .The 3.0 engine is now on a stand so a fair bit of thinkering and measuring has been going on .
Had a good chat with the boss of the cylindrical grinding place and we decided that grinding the 1uz cam pulley profile straight onto the end of the Alfa camshaft is the way to go at least for mine the first one .
Its relatively cheap and easy which is a good way to go to prove the fact .
He also suggested using  2jz cam pulleys as they are the same 48 teeth as the 1uz pulleys and you can buy vernier 2jz pulleys quite cheaply , he also informed me that the Evil Bay 2jz pulleys are quite ok .
Alfa auto box has been stripped leaving me with the start of a bell hosing adapter , still have to cut the front bit off with a 9 inch though !!

CitroŽnbender

• Gen. 3:19
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2019, 08:33:16 PM »
Woohoo! Looking forward to some work-in-progress pictures.  ;D

How are the Lexites responding to all this (presuming you are geeing up a Lexus forum)?

Ahsoka

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2019, 08:48:16 PM »
I get the usual " just put a 2j in it ? " or " why don't you put a 1uz in it ? " .
Currently asw of exactly now doing the how do I mod it to fit my alternator on the engine and the same with the air con pump and the power steer pump .
Do you mod the Alfa bracket to fit my alt/air pump or mod the IS bracket to fit the Alfa block ?
Will use the latest model Toyota power steer pump I can get while I'm at it .
Going back down to also measure up gearbox input shaft and length !!

GoldCLoverLeaf

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2019, 09:34:45 PM »
Any progress on this? There's an E30 BMW with a Busso conversion done several years ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvG78uFj2Lo. I've also come across a few local Nord swapped cars in the past.... a Mk1 Cortina with a 1750, a TD Gemini with an Alfetta 2L, hell there's even a hotrod in the states with a Busso. The IS200 is a good chassis, similar in size to a 75. The whole 2J, 1UZ, LS1, SR20 swap everything has been done to death.

Ahsoka

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2019, 06:14:24 PM »
Some progress .
I will be running an Astra electric power steer pump so that will eliminate the need to mount a power steer pump .
Have domed and mounted the Alfa air con pump bracket along with the IS200 pump bracket so that it will be very close in the engine bay on the Alfa engine to the position it's in on the 1g engine , no having to modd lines or regas for me .
The bell housing adaptor is also getting close to be being finished so stuff is happening !!