TargaWest 2008

Started by Fast Eddie, October 10, 2008, 03:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast Eddie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DukkSJKupR4

Only a little bit of footage, but is of one of our 2 WA club entrants - Bernard Cecchele in this years Targa West tarmac rally.  Bernard finished 5th in class (only due to time penalties incurred) and Nick Rahimtulla our other entratn and previous class winner finished 2nd in class with a rookie navigator.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

aussiehcviva

nice. on onvember 2 paul blank has organised the one day classic and there are a few alfas ad fiats entered. way out of the league of most of the very serious cars entered, but they will, no doubt, be the nicest to watch.

Fast Eddie

Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

aussiehcviva

regs and locations haven't been posted yet, but if you keep tabs on www.classicrally.com.au the info should be forthcoming.

nick rahimtulla and ceccelle are entered in their 105s, there is alberto in his x/19, a fiat 124 and i have my sprint entered. i'm in it for the fun. it's my first even in a couple of years so not expecting great things. there is a hell of a lot of serious competitors in serious machinery - clubmans, birkins, evos etc will dominte, leaving the lower places to the naturally aspirated blokes

aussiehcviva

oops. just checked and spectator info is now posted on the webiste

Fast Eddie

thanks, i will try to extract some meaningful data for my own use and to tell fellow members.

cheers
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

aussiehcviva

ran the 1-day classic yesterday. was  avery good event and good value comparitively. it was the first time out in my sprint since getting major work done so it was a shakedown event that was very worthwhile. was never going to be competitive, but it was a heap of fun and it was noce to throw the car around hard.

roberto and bernardo were great in their 105 and Kavan Makalanda in his gtv was fun to watch too. other italian cars (124 and an x/19) also added style to the field. the only problem is the classes in the event. for example, the 1986 to 2008 up to 2000 class means that a car like mine or a suzuki swift compete against things like PBR's, clubmans, birkins and lotus elises. not exactly great, but still highly recommend this and the motorkhana events out at AHG and Midvbale event for club members.

meizhak

hey Joey,

Good to see the cars back on the road

Howz it run wih the new engine management?

mine will be ready in 2050 maybe

meizhak
1979 alfetta gtv 2000`
series 1 alfa 33 1.7i 16v

Fast Eddie

great to watch Joey.  I was the chief timekeeper @ the Morley Galleria stage so i got to see and hear all 60 competitors twice.

Great to see your fab Sprint especially.

Hopefully i might be able to enter next time / year.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

aussiehcviva

Meizhak - congrats sir! gotta give you a call. Yvette said you had been trying to get through but we have no answering machine.

car was running nicely. a fuel issue popped up a handful of times which restricted revs temporarily to about 4,000 rpm and this affected a few of my times. early on my eye wasn't in and i got a couple of wrong ways (one was at the galleria stage where ed was timekeeping) and i clipped a cone i think. one of the 400 metre runs was a shocker where i just couldn't get traction so i'm dreading the time. apart from that it's a nice, nice car. will be entering the next midvale event in early december.

Ed - galleria was good but i had a brain fade and got a ww on the first run. second run i did entirely in first, revving it out to about 8,000. the best track of the day was the third stage out at kwinana. that was a real hoot. there was also a stage out at cockburn central that was damn fun too.

Fast Eddie

Meizhak,
sent you an email to your work address but you are on leave.  Do you have a personal email address?  pm me or sent to edward@selectfs.com.au if you want to keep it private.

Joey,
got a pic of you at the Morley stage that will go into the next mag.  Hey, can i convince you to do a small write-up for your DEC mag? Just a few words from a driver's point ov view and better than my name appearing yet again under too many articles.

I would need it by FRI 14th.  you can email to me.  Will also earn you club points too! 
Ed
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV