GTV6 Exhaust

Started by gtvsix86, October 05, 2012, 08:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtvsix86

Hello,

Looking for some advice my 1986 GTV6 Alfa needs a new middle section and rear (tail) section exhaust. Do I go standard? or aftermarket? I have seen Nationwide Auto Parts advertisement on EBAY, has anyone purchased from them? are they any good?

Also aftermarket from EB Spares in England the CSC setup, has anyone purchased from them? are they any good? worth the money? The sound and note change in any way?

Or is there any other options out there that can help? Your advise and help would be greatly appreciated. 

Darryl

Just be aware re nationwide auto parts and others on ebay that they are just flogging anything/everything at ful retail price from the usual parts suppliers catalogs. I've always found it cheaper to find someone who can do a good custom bit of pipe work for a decent cash price rather than buying pre-assembled sections or you can probably find someone to sell and fit those same sections cheaper than buying them via ebay?

Cool Jesus

Where u at?
If you're in the western sydney area, i can put you onto someone that will give you an honest answer and realistic price.
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

gtvsix86

Thanks for your help guys,

I'm located in the South Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. If that helps?

Also I have spoken to Wal at Euro Exhausts which I see some of you guys have had dealings with before. 

gtvsix86

Thanks to Wal at Euro Spares for his help and a Special Big Thanks to Ian Morris for his PM about Proex however no one has stock so I have ordered standard from EB Spares. Thanks everyone who replied for all your help!!   

Doug Gould

I think you'd burn a lot of money having someone re-create the flat section, so a replacement centre exhaust section would be a good deal. The other sections are easy.
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle

GeeTV

Quote from: gtvsix86 on October 11, 2012, 11:05:07 AM
Thanks to Wal at Euro Spares for his help and a Special Big Thanks to Ian Morris for his PM about Proex however no one has stock so I have ordered standard from EB Spares. Thanks everyone who replied for all your help!!   

A few years on now - How did it all pan out gtvsix86???

gtvsix86

EB Spares went the CSC setup and delivery was here in Melbourne within 3-4 days from memory. Sound was fantastic. But then it become a bit of a waste as I swapped the motor out to 3l and then needed to custom the middle section to meet up. At this time I also added a set of fast road cams which sounded soooo nice. However I am now currently installing a 3.2l so I guess new exhaust again and more waste of money. But in saying that if your car is original you will be very happy with EB Spares

martym00se72

I also have nothing but good things to say about EB Spares. Shipping from the UK was stupidly fast, cost was far better than anything from the US (pricing CSC headers from US vs UK). If you can't get it locally for a similar price (factor in shipping) - go to EB Spares for sure.
'83 GTV6 - 3.0 is in! Ohhh yeah!
'99 156 T-spark - Formula 98 ready!

What do people do with their old 2.5...?

aflp

i have a used exhaust for sale in good condition, pm if needed