147 Bonnet

Started by Kay_147_GTA, September 23, 2018, 04:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kay_147_GTA

Does anyone know if the bonnet from a facelifted 147 ('06- '10) would fit a GTA?

The paint on my bonnet is looking pretty poor, looks like the clear coat has cracked all over it. Thought it might be cheaper to find a good condition 2nd hand one rather than getting it resprayed.
2005 147 GTA Monza (96 of 100)

Citroënbender

I believe the bonnets aren't interchangeable.

Why not get the paintwork renewed, a good panel shop should be able to work with what you have and balance the underside's patina with a fresher top.

Kay_147_GTA

Well my plan was to have the whole car resprayed but then thought I might be able to save a bit if I could find some cheap interchangeable panels that are already in good condition, saw a bonnet for sale for $200 on eBay from a facelift 147 hence the question (assuming the paint colour was the same across pre / post facelift models).

2005 147 GTA Monza (96 of 100)

Citroënbender

A proper repaint is a solid cost, you need to remove the glass and one thing invariably leads to another (eg, roof lining, fresher door handles, new emblems). There's a full man-week in stripping down and reassembling for a repaint that doesn't go under the bonnet and stops at the cabin pinchweld, without even looking at paint.  Not saying don't do it if you really want, but go in with eyes wide open.

If the panels are original and line up good as it was built, start with that foundation.