Image re-sizing for iOS Devices

Started by Citroënbender, September 06, 2018, 04:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citroënbender

It's a constant niggle that there's no inbuilt way to re-size a photo on an iPhail (or iPad). Imagine being on the road and a tech issue has come up where photos of the problem would help repair suggestions - yet your native images are too large to post. 

I've lately been playing with a $5 app called "Image Resize" that seems to do the job. It's free if you don't mind advertising on the screen too. It's super basic, doesn't put puppy noses on selfies or similar nonsense but sticks to the core task.

105gta

I usually just email the photo to myself and it gives you the option to resize it with file size etc...
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (WIP)
1985 GTV6 (WIP)

Citroënbender

I don't find that option in the native email app, nor Google or Yahoo either, or when saving files to cloud storage. Where are you seeing the resize ability?

105gta

It is automatic on iPhone. Try and email a picture and a pop up screen will appear and ask what size you would like to send
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (WIP)
1985 GTV6 (WIP)

Citroënbender

I can't find any option like that, and know my way around reasonably. It's not a secondary function of another (third party) app?

aggie57

No, it's native iOS. Just create an email and attach the photo. The pop up should appear before you send the email.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Citroënbender

Ah, thanks.

I've found the option you refer to, I normally use the native mail for incoming only - hence not having seen this before.

aggie57

Quote from: Citroënbender on September 07, 2018, 06:09:09 PM
Ah, thanks.

I've found the option you refer to, I normally use the native mail for incoming only - hence not having seen this before.

Good to hear it's sorted.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

ugame

Another little related/unrelated tip.....

When taking a photo, "Zooming" doesn't actually zoom, it "crops".

The result being of course, a smaller image.
Past: 180SX | 300ZX Twin Turbo | 350Z HR Roadster | 300C 5.7 V8 HEMI | 98 GTV 2.0 TS
Present: 2002 GTV 2.0 TS | 147 TS | 74 Super Beetle | Porsche Cayman S 987.1
Future: I've stopped looking. Wife says "No more Alfas" lol.

Citroënbender

Yes, I worked that one out by trial and error. Probably mostly the error part.  ???

Not sure if I could say "it was worth the $4.95" to be advert-free, but finding the quickness/simplicity of the subject app's process quite handy.