Alfetta 2lt GTV TRIM & ELECTRICS

Started by drewster71, August 16, 2018, 08:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewster71

Hi All..
ok I have the lovely started after many years. BUT !!!! no lights, or any gauges, taco etc, indicators work.. ?????

And I have the exterior door trim to install, is there and easier way to attach the interior screw/pot rivet to inside door with out removal of main door windows ??

Thank you all so much Drew
PRESENT
1983 2L GTV
PAST
1977 Alfetta

bonno

Hi Drew
Apart from the obvious being the connection of instrument clusters, my guess is that it is a bad earth. There are a cluster of earth wires located behind the RHS dashboard bolt adjacent to kick panel (check condition of connectors and bolt is tight). With regards to attaching external window/door trims, the sliding window/s need to be moved down to allow securing of trim by fastner/rivet, however if the trim clips securely locate trims in position and you not planning to go rallying then this might be adequate.
Regards
bonno

GTVeloce

In regards to your first issue, and after you have checked the earths as per bonno's post, there is a single power supply to the fuse box which then feeds everything you have mentioned as well as most other electrical items (wipers, electric windows etc). If you lower the fuse box and turn it around so you can see the back (and remove the plastic cover), you will see one red wire thicker than most that terminates with a larger than standard spade terminal. Check you are getting 12V at that terminal. If not, check the connection is sound (easy for that wire to pull off) and then check the other end is connected (most likely the power supply terminal located near the alternator in the engine bay).

If you have the metal clips you can get away without screwing the outer trims down as I did for quite some time. Removing the glass is not that difficult but getting the winder mechanisms back in and working is a PITA.