RhinoCo (Alarms/Remotes) Vendor

Started by Citroënbender, August 06, 2018, 07:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citroënbender

Interesting discovery, there is a basic somewhat under-detailed website for a business called "Home Technology Club" that trades online only.  I found it looking for some Rhino locking solenoids.

As it turns out, the business is directly owned by the chap who also runs RhinoCo, so this is effectively the retail arm of the company (who eschew retail sales).  Somewhat reassuring to know.

Citroënbender

They're not acquitting themselves too well yet.  A trial order just under $70, paid up as instructed by direct deposit before COB Wednesday, not a glimmer of change to the "pending" order status even tonight. In fairness, they could just be slack on the internet side of it and the pieces are en route. 

Citroënbender

I called "Home Technology Club" this last Tuesday, being nearly a week since I paid down an order. 

They asserted their bank account (ANZ) had only been credited as of that day; strange, but whatever.

My order arrived the next day, no problems with that.  I'm always a bit leery when one has to chase a supplier after paying in advance.

For comparison, I bought some Triumph bits off Fleabay UK the same day as my local order above, they also arrived today! We are racing back to the nineties and before, when parcels came airmail from England faster than Melbourne to Sydney domestic post.