Anyone here from North Brisbane

Started by AlfaHolic, October 05, 2008, 08:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlfaHolic

Hi im new here im getting another GTV on tuesday i was just wondering if anyone in the forums is from the north side of bris im in deception bay. Where do you go for drives on weekends ect do you do any mount glorious runs or anything?
Lars

hammer

Lars,

There are so many great runs on the north side of Brisbane. Up over Mt Glorious, down the other side to the Splityard Creek Rd. Southsiders go left and home via Fernvale, northsiders go right and home via Somerset Dam, Kilcoy and Woodford. I've taken quite a liking to the run through Dayboro and over Mt Mee.

The club has a few day runs coming up between now and Christmas. The magazine this week should have some details.

Cheers,

Brent

AlfaHolic

Hey brent sounds good we should meet up one weekend and go for a drive, do you by chance know anyone in the area with a 2L gtv alfetta i wouldnt mind going for a drive just so i can get a bench mark for mine, mine feels slugish from what i remember my old one used too be but im just not sure.
Lars

hammer

Lars,

Not sure about a 2l GTV in your area. Julian Lord lives out near Lakeside Raceway and he has about four 75 Twinsparks and an Alfetta GT 1.8. Peter Lawrence is at Warner and he has a nice GTV 6, among other cars. I'll dig through the old memory banks and see if I can place anyone out your way with a GTV.

I'll post a note when I'm heading out for a run in my 75.

Cheers,

Brent

BBRT

Lars,

I have an 81 GTV 2L at Wavell Heights. If your over 25, insurance, you can have a run up the Gateway.

Send me a private message.

BBRT

Anthony Miller

Hey Lars,being an ex Brizneelander, my favourite short run was north on the Bruce Hwy to Caboolture then off towards Woodford, Turn left at the pub and head to Mt.Mee, after Ocean View the descent is quite challenging.This will bring you out at Dayboro where you can go back through Petrie or head to Samford and do the Highvale to Glorious and Nebo thing, just watch out for old bill in the bowl between Nebo & Glorious, not only will you receive an invitation to the next Policemans ball but also a lecture on how many have gone off the side due to lack of grip and ability. Most of all, Have fun mate!   
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

gforcejunkie

I'm at Narangba and have recently purchased a 2L GTV that has been set up for light track duties.

I'll admit to being somewhat underwelmed by its straight line performance at first but you can't beat that sound, and mine, with the few mods it has handles well and offers excellent feedback.

Your welcome to come for a strap, but what are you referencing the alfa against?
For me it has been almost 10 years since my last and only alfa (a 1.8L Alfetta sedan - my first car).   
After the alfa I went Japanese with a couple of modified turbo Nissans / Toyota's and currently my brother owns an STI and my mum drives an EVO VIII MR.  So for me, the goal posts have moved as far as fast cars are concerned.

Anyway, if your still in D'Bay and want to meet up one weekend let me know

Cheers, Andrew
gforcejunkie@hotmail.com

AlfaHolic

Hey mate yeah im still here in deception bay im kinda over mine as far as performance goes i was thinking of putting a sr20 into it at least it would get moving then he he.

alfasteve

G'day Lars, I am in Caloundra and enjoy early morning runs into the hinterland,Peachester(Bald Knob Road which is on the way to my mate's 20 acre weekend fortress of solitude where we light fires and howl at the moon,sorry too much information) maybe you can use this as a warning to double check everything as I have been stuck before and had numerous bottles of red shoved down my throat by well meaning mountain people and not been allowed to escape until after a mixed grill and coffees in the morning, oh there is the the compulsory nudity that the well endowed mountain women engage in. But I digress, try roads around Maleny and Montville and if you want some company from a significant other, promise an overnight stay in one of the regions many impressive b and bs,it's coming up to open fireplace season. I just realized what I am doing this weekend.\
sorry for the longest post in a while
Steve

hammer

Are you on the red already Steve?! I like the part about the mountain women though....

MD

"Hey mate yeah im still here in deception bay im kinda over mine as far as performance goes i was thinking of putting a sr20 into it at least it would get moving then he he."

Swap the motor for a least a 2.5V6 and put twin turbos on it and then see if you can handle some greased lightning.  ;D

Leave Nissan to Nissan...
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

hammer

Richard Anderson was driving Greg Murphy's 3.0 turbo Alfa 75 at Lakeside a few weeks ago and was neck and neck the whole day with a legendary Nissan GTR. And goddamn the 75 looked good doing it!

MD

Geez that's one I would have liked to see. Richard sure is a great driver.

Hammer, you gotta stop drooling over every 75 you see. Get a chek-up will ya! Think JOOLIE mate, JOOLIE !!  :)
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

hammer

Thanks Mike. I know I am pathetic...I've been thinking all evening about the Joolie actually. I am so pumped about getting back out to Lakeside next weekend and giving that track a red hot go. I have to buy some new tyres before the East Coast Challenge as those ones on the Guilietta are old 75 tyres that I bought for the 2007 East coast Challenge. I'm like a kid longing for a new toy, I've been visualising that track, memorising the turns, standing on the brakes, squeezing on the throttle, holding on for dear life as I go full noise in fourth onto the main straight....and then Christina elbows me in the ribs and says "stop #$$%&ing wriggling about damn it, I'm trying to watch @#$^ CSI Miami!".

alfasteve

Brent,are you talking about Sun.the 19th for the open sprints @ Lakeside?
I was thinking of going because I would like to take advantage of track time so much closer to home than Ipswich. The massive bonus is that it is LAKESIDE!!! I think I have caught the same disease as yourself, couldn't sleep last night so at 2.30 I was out in the garage making a list of what I need to swap the 16v into the sprint. I could also have a chat about some cheap and effective suspension mods for Chris's(?) 33 track car that Bob put me on to and I have been gradually tweaking.