159 Oil Change

Started by V AR 164, July 29, 2018, 02:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V AR 164

So I connected the ECU to my computer and opened up the free version of MES.

I was able to successfully view fault codes, enable relays like the fuel pump and thermo fans etc, and saw the option to reset the oil interval light.

I did not see the option to reset the service interval light (it hasn't come up on the dashboard yet), and wondering if I pay for a licensed version, would it let me reset the service light?

Cheers, Andrew.
Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti

Citroënbender

A lot of that type Q&A is covered on the MES pages (not their forum). 

There are also ways to determine whether a function is supported by the licenced version, during a diagnostic session on the freeware.

V AR 164

Quote from: Citroënbender on July 31, 2018, 05:51:02 PM
A lot of that type Q&A is covered on the MES pages (not their forum). 

There are also ways to determine whether a function is supported by the licenced version, during a diagnostic session on the freeware.

Yes I have read through the website and played around with the free version, but I have read online that some people have had issues when trying to reset the service light on several forums and just wanted to see if I could get some feedback first hand if this is indeed possible or not.

Cheers
Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti

Citroënbender

Probably best to leave the oil in there, eh? 🙀

I'd be interested to know how many of the people alleging problems were using a legitimate version of licenced MES, not a crack, and which interfaces they had tried.

My observations - totally without qualification - are that the creator of MES seems to be a straight up chap and known issues are flagged ASAP. With that perspective you'd expect to hear of any such problems from the horse's mouth.