Buying a used 2015 Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio Verde Guiletta with some blemishes

Started by Choogz, July 28, 2018, 06:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choogz

Hey Alfa Fanatics,

Test drove an Alfa romeo in North Sydney today from a dealer and was quite disappointed with the body work as it had all these clear marks on the roof and side panels from tree sap?

Apparently they couldn't remove the marks when detailing the car or its penetrated the clear coat.

Just wondering if anyone has had to deal with this problem on an Alfa especially with the gun metal gray.

I don't have photos but it's made me feel like I'll be up for a respray on the roof as well as removing the dent on the rear passenger side (5 cent piece in size)

Could use some tips on what else I need to consider on this model as I'm not used to an Alfa with the automatic gearbox, used to drive a 147 GTA before it was unfortunately written off :(

Craig_m67

There are plenty of Giulietta QV's out there.. move on an find another one if the paint cant be washed properly
The early cars were all manuals (and usually a lot cheaper) than the last Veloce TCT version

I have a 2011 GQV (manual, roof, bose, seats) with 104K km on it.. regularly serviced
I am confident the car will give me many more 100'sK km without any issues, just like my last Alfa
No squeaks or rattles.. just normal servicing 
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)