G'day

Started by SeleMatt, July 26, 2018, 08:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeleMatt

Greetings,

Just saying g'day to everyone. Much as I'd like to, I'd also Iike to introduce the Alfa I own, but I can't, as I don't own one yet. 😂
I've been keeping a sharp eye out for a Brera Selespeed but no luck so far on the eastern seaboard. I've tried to find a thread on Brera Australian model/sales numbers on the forum, but there doesn't appear to be one. Surfing around the web, I make it to be around 300 between 07 and 2010; didn't turn up anything on 2006. Anyone have any rough idea on how many Selespeeds made it here?
Cheers.

poohbah

Greetings BB,

Can't help you with a Brera but if you want live up to your handle you'd be better served looking for V6 GT - last of the Busso powered Alfas.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

SeleMatt

I suspected I might cop a serve regarding my handle Poobah. [emoji6]  I'll be looking for a 4 door, facelift Busso once I've found a Brera...first things first...[emoji108]

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

poohbah

Happy hunting!

You should go full-fat and get a 156 GTA (I actually prefer the pre-facelift look of the Series 1 and GTA 156s).  8)
            1981 GTV

SeleMatt

Cheers Poohbah. Skinny hunting thus far. Only one Brera Selespeed in Perth...a bit far from Brisvegas...

poohbah

I have seen that one in Perth - assuming its the one at Cilebertis? (my local workshop).

They had two at one stage, plus a couple of GTs. All in excellent nick.
            1981 GTV

SeleMatt

Nah...a private sale in Clarkson...no other advertised Brera sele in Aus that I can find...

SeleMatt

....on your other point regarding 156 facelifts etc, if I was handy with Photoshop, I'd like to mock up a series one f/lift and graft the MY04 headlights onto it...thus getting rid of the 'droopy' headlights which I don't like much and getting the 'frown on' MY04 headlights...that I really like. [emoji41]

poohbah

check out the alfa uk sites, and some of the Euro alfa facebook groups - bound to photographic examples of what you are talking about. Seems to be a pretty big 156 modding culture in Poland of all places.
            1981 GTV

SeleMatt

Poland...?...well, like the Italians, they make some fine salamis. [emoji108]

Citroƫnbender

The just-advertised GT 3.2 must be worth a nibble, it carries your namesake well.

Craig_m67

Quote from: BigBusso on July 27, 2018, 05:26:29 PM
....on your other point regarding 156 facelifts etc, if I was handy with Photoshop, I'd like to mock up a series one f/lift and graft the MY04 headlights onto it...thus getting rid of the 'droopy' headlights which I don't like much and getting the 'frown on' MY04 headlights...that I really like. [emoji41]

We talking 156's here?

The exterior facelift on the 156 is a bolt on affair for the earlier cars. Only version which isn't bolt on is the GTA. It has wider front guards, although std guards can be rolled and/or crosswagon (4WD) ones used.. that said, crosswagon parts are as rare as hens teeth and were only available in LHD in the EU (if you can find them.....)

Pretty sure the GT and 147 are swapsies also.. like the (golf/bora)

I did see a thread on AlfaownerUK once where somebody grafted a 159 frontend onto a 156.. looked hideous.
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

SeleMatt

Thanks Citroenbender, but it must be a sele and because of that, it must be a Brera. My two daughters live with a form of muscular dystrophy that precludes them from driving a traditional manual. They've only driven slusher auto's so far and the youngest is keen on a pair of flappy paddles; so's dad to be honest. [emoji6]

poohbah

I think you could get the 156 GTA with selespeed and paddles?

Go on, you know you want to...
            1981 GTV

SeleMatt

Ooh yeah... absolutely!  I think any 156 GTA sele worth buying would be out of my price range though. I'd love one. Far superior box to the 2.0 JTS, but apparently still a quantum leap behind the 2.2.