Alfa Romeo 33 sportswagon

Started by 33sportwagon, July 24, 2018, 09:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

33sportwagon

Hey guys, thought I'd sign up to this community and share my Alfa Romeo story!

My first experience with an alfa romeo was had when my dad purchased a mid 80s 33 for my brother and I to learn to drive in. This lasted until it died shortly into our p's period.

It wouldn't be until I turned 21 that I'd personally own my first Alfa Romeo.

This time it was an immaculately presented 1989 Alfa Romeo 33 sportwagon with the 1.7 twin Webber carb. I seen it and it had to be mine.

This was my daily driven car for 2 years. It had been babied whilst I owned it. But the time had to come to sell it on as it was time to buy a house. The money made from the sale kick started my savings.

I always considered it to be only 1 or 2 cars I had regretted selling.

However our story wasn't over with.

Early last month as I was trolling Facebook market place I seen an Ad for my old sportwagon! It's the first time I had seen it within the 6.5 years I had been without it.

Unfortantly it hasn't been cared for as much as when I had owned it, intact it had been sitting behind a house for almost 5 of those 6.5 years not running or moving.

I just had to have it.

I had gone and brought the car back within the same hour of the post being uploaded and trailered it out the next day.

Since then it has been given a new battery, points, spark plugs, oil and fuel and it now lives!

I have also purchased replacement front quarter panels and a new passenger side indicator. I have also straightened the lower radiator bracket.

Now I just have to do some fibre glassing to my front bar then it will be back on the road!

lombardi

I had a silver one many moons ago , picked it up from a dealer in fishwick act , absolutely loved it , really neat the 4 wheel drive leaver , wish i still had her , i am envious that u have been able to re-join the experience .
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

33sportwagon

Quote from: lombardi on July 24, 2018, 11:39:11 AM
I had a silver one many moons ago , picked it up from a dealer in fishwick act , absolutely loved it , really neat the 4 wheel drive leaver , wish i still had her , i am envious that u have been able to re-join the experience .
Hey they would look good in silver. Mine is the fwd version.

Here a couple of pics. One is how it was when I owned it and how it looks now

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

LukeC

I had a silver one in '96-'97. I Monte Carlo-ised it. Was a good little car. First wife sold it to a guy that despite my advice drove it on bitumen every day in AWD.... rooted the GB. I saw it out the back of a pub about ten years later in pretty poor shape.

They sold them in Europe with the series 3 front. They looked great!
Luke Clayton

qvae.com.au

poohbah

Fantastic rescue, not a moment too soon A33. Not enough wagons on the road, I reckon I have only seen maybe one out and about in WA in the last few years.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

33sportwagon

Quote from: poohbah on July 25, 2018, 11:38:42 AM
Fantastic rescue, not a moment too soon A33. Not enough wagons on the road, I reckon I have only seen maybe one out and about in WA in the last few years.
Thank you guys. I'll post update as I go

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

33sportwagon01

Well 2 years later and as promised. It's all back together and awaiting its final buff.

It's been a huge task but well worth it.

It should be seeing tassie roads within 2 months.