GTV 2.0 V.I.N Number break down/help

Started by AlfaHolic, October 01, 2008, 06:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlfaHolic

Hi i am tryin too work out what is going on with these vin numbers i just bought a car from SA and the guy has told me vin number is

AR11367003018028 The car is an 1984 GTV 2.0

AR11637*0003779* Which is the vin number of my
78 GTV 2L

To my understanding all the gtv models of that era started with AR116?
Can anyone help me with this ???
Thanks Lars  :-[

Oh i tried searching all over the net and forums and couldnt find a proper break down of this models vin#

Sheldon McIntosh

All right hand drive GTVs are 116 37........

Looks like the guy just got a couple of numbers wrong.  maybe he's dyslexic.

Sheldon McIntosh

Oh, by the way, send an email with the chassis number to archiviostorico@alfaromeo.com.  Alfas response will include the build date and original color combo, and possibly where it was first sold.

Send the one he gave you, and one with the numbers in the 'correct' order, and see what you get.

AlfaHolic

Oh ok cool i sent an email too that address wait and see what comes back. Thanks for the help

AlfaHolic

I got it all sorted the guy made a typo found the info on it thanks.

alfagtv152

I tried it out for my two cars and got some interesting information.I sent him the chassis numbers fo my GT and GTV.The GT is AR 116.11.0002544 which is an Alfa Romeo Alfetta GT RHD,manufactured on the 19th November 1975 and sold on the 20th November 1975 to Alfa Romeo Sydney,Australia.The original body colour is Alfa Red,with black tex interiors.My GTV is 116.37.0005358 but they had no record,Bugger,build plate says 4/79.
This is very interesting because I always wondred about how to tell the difference between 1.8 Alfetta Body shells and 2L GTV body shells as the front panels under the grill differ,I think I know now!.
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

Sheldon McIntosh

Wonder why they wouldn't have records?  If it's the original engine no. you could try that maybe?

k76

They also couldn't find any records on my car, a 77 gtv. I will double check my number in case I read it off wrong though.
'77 Alfetta GTV 2000
'82 Alfetta Sportiva
'04 147 TS

alfagtv152

Looks like the records stop about 1975 or so,I was talking to someone who has got earlier information and he said they didnt keep the later stuff,maybee they arent museum age yet.Lets hope the later stuff gets added sometime!

Sheldon McIntosh

No that's not right.  I've got info for all my cars, all of which are 86/87.

alfagtv152

Oh well,I guess I know better now.Thankyou