147 2.0 Front Shock Bumpstops/Gaiters

Started by Citroënbender, June 17, 2018, 07:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citroënbender

I'm planning to replace these when the shocks are done, spending up before the GST hits overseas buys.

Are the genuine ones any better/worse than Birth or Febi brand?  Only place listing genuine is Alfa Workshop, everyone else is aftermarket.

Going genuine on the strut top rubbers after last time with the KYBs when I had to ream out the alloy centres for the original style steel bushing (fitting B6s again, quite happy with how they turned out on the other car).

Citroënbender

What, no opinions?  :P

Also planning a set of the redesigned front door check straps, driver's door is making the crack of doom

Citroënbender

Shop4Parts have offered to source the genuine ones for me, along with the checkstraps.
QuoteInto the Valley of Debt, went the five hundred. ::)

Alfa Workshop are getting a bit slow on responding to enquiries from established customers with strong purchase histories.

Edit: Cost with postage, for two checkstraps, the boots, front strut rubbers and rear strut rubbers (all parts genuine Alfa) was £289-odd.  The way we navigated paying for the non-standard parts (ie, not listed on their site) was for them to create a backorder on my user account, I then phoned up and paid on card. In this way it was quite painless, and still cheaper than local options.