Head bolts supplier for a 2002 2.5L 156

Started by cc, May 30, 2018, 07:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Hi Guys
Can anyone recommend a supplier/maker of oem head bolts for the V6 156.
So far Ive only found BGA in the UK and they dont give provenance...
cheers CC

Citroënbender

BGA are like QH from what I can tell, a re-branding outfit.  I bought a sump from them recently for a Citroën, it was definitely OEM. Even came with a tube of name-brand slaz.  I'd be confident to use their head bolts.

If you're trawling around, another sneaky bargain is often Motaquip branded parts - they're typically OEM repackaged.

cc

well have ordered original studs thru a local brisbane authorised alfa dealer. Who supplied them at trade when I said I was a club member : )
Theyre coming from Italy and would take a month he said...

I last week ordered a complete gasket kit from a UK supplier who advertised it as 'genuine alfa romeo'
Its arrived.
The actual head gasket has a small white sticker numbered 60584488
and is branded Goetze.
This is interesting as the before mentioned local alfa dealer said Alfa no longer supplies them: )
the box it came in looks orig alfa. None of the components are branded alfa tho.

bazzbazz

Just out of curiosity, Why are you replacing the head studs? Were they damaged at some point?
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

cc

Hi Baz
I like buying new parts : )
and Ive been advised that they may be one use bolts that stretch when being torqued and cant be re used if stretched before..

bazzbazz

What Sportiva said. You may get more trouble trying to remove them than you bargained for.
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

bazzbazz

Just for general info, where the Studs on the Busso can be used as many times as they are deemed serviceable, as per the workshop manual, the Head bolts on the 156/147 can be reused a maximum of 4 times as they ARE stretch bolts.

"Do not reuse the cylinder head bolts more than four times because they undergo permanent lengthening whenever they are tightened."

"Replace the bolts if the number of times that the bolts have been tightened to the cylinder head is unknown."
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

Citroënbender

Bazz, does your latter comment refer to the petrol four-pots? Just curious.

For some marques/engines I've seen reference measurements for long head bolts, when overlength they are too far gone...

bazzbazz

Sorry, I thought I had put that in, yes I am referring to the 2.0 Twinspark & JTS motors
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast