[SYD] Dent Removal Required

Started by Citroënbender, May 27, 2018, 09:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citroënbender

Looking for a recommendation in Greater Sydney, please.

Got a fairly heavy gauge steel fuel tank (well aired out) that's been pushed in underneath. Needs work with a spotter to pull it out, then rough file finish - will go straight to blast and 2K paint afterwards.

Preferably a business who can turn it around within the week.

I would love to buy the tools and learn to DIY this, but have way too many things on my plate!

GTV6SA

Try Dent Boss in Chester Hill does great work

Citroënbender

Thanks, have put out feelers to see what they say.  Fuel tanks scare a lot of people!

Citroënbender

They were interested, however it lay outside both their SOW and experience, so in the end they passed.

Apparently Mr Moxham of MG fame has some practice with this sort of thing, I hope to pick his brains soon.

Edit: By coincidence I was this afternoon bellyaching about the apparent lack of interest/talent in Sydney, to a bloke up near Raymond Terrace.  He promptly suggested I go around to see a mate of his and have a chat, the fellow looked at my photos of the dents and said "shouldn't be a problem" - had done similar repairs before.  His explosion-proofing was to fill the tank with car exhaust gas for ten minutes prior, then cap it off. 

bazzbazz

On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au