Carby trumpets

Started by drewster71, May 16, 2018, 08:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewster71

Hi all,
Thinking bout putting trumpets or carby cover filters instead of original box , any ideas where to purchase?
Thanks in advance Drew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PRESENT
1983 2L GTV
PAST
1977 Alfetta

bonno

Further to my earlier post Centreline also has Air filters and Ram tubes at the following link. My only suggestion is whatever carburettor filtration system you select, the backing plate needs to be incorporated to provide support and prevent premature failure of carby to manifold mounts.
https://centerlinealfa.com/store?page=2&cat=Filters&model=116&sort=

giulia_veloce

Have you thought about the engine breather pipe-hose ?

bonno

Yes Engine Oil breather pipe. Couple of options using breather filter as per attached photos/

drewster71

Quote from: bonno on May 17, 2018, 10:54:41 AM
Yes Engine Oil breather pipe. Couple of options using breather filter as per attached photos/
Wow they look awesome. Would love something like that.
Were they made special?
Regards Drew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PRESENT
1983 2L GTV
PAST
1977 Alfetta

bonno

Drew
The Engine/oil breather filter connected to the outlet on cam cover is off the shelf item readily available through your local parts store that requires no special arrangement apart from attachment by hose clip, whilst the second photo is more complex and requires fabrication and modification of some parts. Please remember these two examples are from both ends of the spectrum. Another option is to use your standard Air box, fitted with foam Air filter as I have done with mine and it is really a matter of choice and how much you want to spend.