Alfa 75 Ts slave cylinder removal.

Started by simmi1983, May 08, 2018, 07:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simmi1983

Hi guys,

So I bought a clutch master the other day and in my experience its a good idea to change the slave at the same time. Was looking at my spare transaxle this arvo and and from what I can see the clutch housing has to be seperated from the box to get it out!!  Am I blind or is this really the only was to get the bugger out? Have thought about pushing  the clutch fork back and then taking out the pushrod but I don't like my odds.  Just thinking how much fun that would be at the track is it shits itself!!

If anyone has a trick, would love to hear it.

Cheers,

Luke

rowan_bris

Luke you don't have to take the clutch off.  Just push the push rod back into the cylinder enough to get the cylinder past the fork.

simmi1983

Cheers Rowan, only looked for a couple of minutes ,will have a better look tomorrow.
Cheers mate

Luke

ARQ164 Shane

Hi Simmi
I have dune this very thing on my old 75. make shore you check the pin on the top clutch peddle for where.
Fit a new one it will save you long term and if you pull the new clutch fluid in and you can't get it to flow use a BIG ass syringe
to suck to through to the slave." I got a slight peddle and drive it down to my alfa mechanic "

cheers 
Hi Neighbour,
1973 L beetle "Tilly" sold
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car