Aux cable in 147?

Started by mediocregr, April 26, 2018, 04:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mediocregr

Hi guys, I just bought a 2006 147. I do alot of delivery driving so I need an aux in order to listen to directions.

I've read on a few forums that I need a blaupunkt cd to aux adapter. In researching I have found a very cheap cable that connects into the cd connecters converting the connection into an aux https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blaupunkt-Aux-Input-Adapter-IPOD-Blue/dp/B004T2VAH2 and then I have found this cd changer for $80 https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Car-Stereo-USB-SD-AUX-MP3-Player-CD-changer-adapter-Alfa-Romeo-147-156-159/121640343518?hash=item1c525457de:g:eGEAAOSwr81UN~eW. I was wondering what the differences are and if they will even work. Thanks

Kay_147_GTA

hey mate, I've just bought the Bluetooth version of your 2nd link

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bluetooth-USB-SD-AUX-Adapter-Car-Kit-Alfa-Romeo-147-156-159-Brera-GT-Spider-Mito/222410317223?hash=item33c8b01da7:g:BqcAAOSwHk9Zkvqk

Should be arriving tomorrow or Monday, will let you know how it goes!
2005 147 GTA Monza (96 of 100)

Citroënbender

Finding a place to mount it, is the hassle. It's quite small and sort of slippery. The side entry for just one jack (mic, I think) is another niggle.

Since you're inclined to DIY, can you try it with and without the pair of black wires joined (in the aux harness supplied with the unit, just near the blue plug end)? I'm assuming your GTA has the Bose kit.

Kay_147_GTA

Installed the Bluetooth adapter today, works pretty well, can use the steering wheel controls to skip tracks / volume and answer calls (although it uses the included microphone which I haven't had a chance to run up to the interior lights yet).

Shows up on the stereo as "CHANGER".

I use it with Android Auto on my Galaxy S6 in a holder (so I can see the navigation). Not bad for $90 and will last me until I can afford to get a double din stereo with wireless android auto. Good for those people who want to keep the authentic look but still add Bluetooth streaming.

mediocregr

Cheers mate good to hear it worked as described. I just got a cheap FM transmitter for the time being which has done the trick for now, although the static is starting to annoy me.

I'll order one soon and give it a go as the cd audio is far better than the radio.

Thanks

Kay_147_GTA

Finally got round to running the microphone, people have told me that the call quality is quite good. I have the microphone just at the top of the drivers side A frame, was able to pull the trim away enough to push the cable inside, run it down, under the dash about drivers legs and up through a small gap behind the heater controls / stereo. Ideally I'd rather have it installed into the interior lights so it's out of sight but it will do for time being.

When installing remember to plug the 2 cables together coming out of the connector, otherwise Bluetooth won't work, not sure why they weren't hardwired.

Citroënbender

Quote from: Kay_147_GTA on June 04, 2018, 01:59:21 PM
When installing remember to plug the 2 cables together coming out of the connector, otherwise Bluetooth won't work, not sure why they weren't hardwired.

That's what I was asking about the other day. I didn't connect them and Bluetooth phone/music worked fine. But the presence of the subwoofer seemed to vary with whose phone was doing what.

There is an unused connector in the roof light harness you can take over for a mic if handy, would have to break it out again behind the head unit.

Kay_147_GTA

I didn't connect them and didn't get any power to the unit.

I found the cable for the mic in the courtesy lights but no idea which cables you'd need to pull on either end to get it working. From reading a few posts online it seems pretty challenging to do.