Hello Alfa Enthusiasts!!!!

Started by Akshay, April 26, 2018, 04:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akshay

G'day Alfa Enthusiasts,

This is Akshay; fairly new in Australia (landed here, for the first time in early 2016), and newer to the Alfa Clan (Bought my first Alfa, a 159 in 2017).

Prologue:

Although new to the Alfa clan since Alfa's were never sold in India; my tryst with the italian's, dates back to the eighties, when dad used to have a Fiat 1100.

2011 is when i got to taste, the italian flair, with my Fiat Linea; although powered by the little 1.3L Multijet, we had a great time, till early 2016, that is when i flew to Australia, and two month's later bought my first car a Honda Civic :D

Couple of months into the civic ownership, i spot this red 159; that is when i decided, that i want one of my own.
Few Months later, the Civic was gone, and i had a 2009 Stromboli Grey 159 2.2 JTS in my driveway :)

Only after purchasing mine, i realised, that there is a 159 Ti; to the cut the long story short, I am half way through in turning my 159 into a Ti version, got all the parts, some parts have been installed, while a few are in the garage, awaiting installation.

Ti Bits already on the car:

1) Ti Rims
2) Ti brushed silver ORVMS
3) Ti Steering wheel

Parts awaiting to be installed:

1) Ti Side Skirts
2) Ti Door sill plates
3) Ti Manual seats (These are lying with a friend in SA, need to figure a way out to get them to Melbourne ASAP).
4) Ti Suspension ( Again lying in SA waiting to be picked up by me)
5) Ti Meters- I will skip on these, since my car already has white back lighting.

As I type this, I have been away from Australia since December 2017 and car is in a storage facility in Geelong.

Hope to learn, Alfa tips and tricks from you guys:)

Enough of rant, now I will let the pics, do the talking, starting with my ex Fiat Linea :)

bonno

Hi Akshay
Welcome aboard and hopefully your Alfa Romeo 159 will provide years of trouble free motoring and put a smile on your face each time you drive it (PS pictures not able to be opened). The forum is a great place to get advice or guidance in maintaining your vehicle or just to keep abreast of all things associated with Alpha Romeo. Also AROCA in your state provides gatherings and club runs with other Alfa enthusiasts on a regular basis. You can find link to AROCA Victoria division on the top right hand corner of this forum page.
Cheers
bonno