Problems using multi ecu scan

Started by Rob p, April 11, 2018, 04:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob p

Hey guys I brought the regressed  version of multi ecu I am trying it get it to connect to my 2013 guilletta q.v 1750tbi I got all the right cables like the eml 327 obd USB version and the yellow and green and red adapters but it won't connect it says fail to connect or shows up as session timed out it is getting really frustrating because i only got it for the prorpuse of resting the service intervals and now I'm up $130 and it won't work am I doing something wrong is there any tips you guys can give me or anyone that has experienced this problem any help is greatly appreciated

Citroënbender

Hi Rob,

Are you up-to-date on the MultiECUscan software? I've found version 4 to be more dependable than 3.6 was.

Also have you tried it on any other cars?

The most common problem I had was not connecting because my laptop and the program would confuse the diagnostic lead's location. By diagnosing the connection it would almost always right itself, very rarely I had to shut down and restart.

bazzbazz

Have you installed the drivers for the EML USB Dongle?
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Mick A

There is a problem with some ELM 327 v3+ cables that are available.

If you go to the MES website, they have instructions on how to modify the guts of the plug.

Mick.

Mick A

Here's a link.

http://forum.multiecuscan.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1493

Look under the help section of their website, there's a list of supported interfaces.

Mick.

Rob p

Yeh I seen that on the site I'm just abit scared to modify it as I'm not the best In electrical and don't want to plug it in and risk doing somthing ro the cars computer did you have that problem and did it work for you after you modified it

Quote from: Mick A on April 11, 2018, 11:19:21 PM
There is a problem with some ELM 327 v3+ cables that are available.

If you go to the MES website, they have instructions on how to modify the guts of the plug.

Mick.

Cool Jesus

Quote from: Rob p on April 11, 2018, 04:01:38 PM
Hey guys I brought the regressed  version of multi ecu I am trying it get it to connect to my 2013 guilletta q.v 1750tbi I got all the right cables like the eml 327 obd USB version and the yellow and green and red adapters but it won't connect it says fail to connect or shows up as session timed out it is getting really frustrating because i only got it for the prorpuse of resting the service intervals and now I'm up $130 and it won't work am I doing something wrong is there any tips you guys can give me or anyone that has experienced this problem any help is greatly appreciated

No you haven't done yourself out of $$$. There will be a setting for sure or driver that needs attention.
1- Are you sure the USB cable driver is correct? (check device manager to view devices - USB controllers - ensure there's no issues
2 - Is the cable correct? unfortunately MES gives us too many options with cables that just adds to the confusion. Read the user guide, it points out the issues there (particularly with ELM as has been pointed out). Just get the ELM cable without the mentioned issue.
3 - port settings? When MES is open, in settings, is the interface port selected correctly.

The main thing to do is read the guide/instructions 2 or 3 times. You'll then start to get a feel of what drivers, settings and so on you need to ensure it works. More often, than not, I see/read an issue being either a setting being incorrect or the interface/cable is dodgy.

Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

Citroënbender

Rob - did you get the software from Gendan, or somewhere else? What about the cables?